Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Central American immigrant children
Here's What Likely Killed Migrant Girl, 7
Hospital officials say septic shock likely killed Guatemalan 7-year-old
- Hospital officials who treated Jakelin Caal Maquin say the 7-year-old Guatemalan girl likely died of septic shock, according to newly released documents from the Department of Homeland Security. The documents provide what NBC News calls the most detailed timeline so far of the Dec. 8 death of Caal, who was...
Migrant Caravan Re-Forms in Mexico, Marches Northward
Migrants stream across Guatemala-Mexico border, vote to keep going
- Days after trying to break down the fence at the Guatemala-Mexico border , a mass caravan of migrants appears largely unbent in their desire to reach the United States, reports the AP . Their numbers swelled to about 5,000 overnight and at first light they set out walking toward the Mexican...
Feds: HIV-Positive Shelter Worker Sexually Abused Immigrant Kids
Southwest Key, largest operator of US immigrant youth shelters, also plagued with other allegations
- While the controversy surrounding immigrant children separated from their parents at the US border continues to swirl, the AP reports on troublesome news out of a shelter outside Phoenix. Per federal authorities, Levian Pacheco, who used to work for Southwest Key's Casa Kokopelli facility in Mesa, has pleaded not...
Girl in Border Photo Was Never Taken From Her Mom
Honduran toddler who became face of border separations wasn't actually separated herself
- A photo of an immigrant toddler on the cover of
may not be depicting exactly what everyone thinks. The image of the Honduran girl, seen crying on the cover in front of a digitally added President Trump, was originally taken by Getty photographer John Moore. He captured the photo...
UN to US: Stop Separating Migrant Children From Parents
An estimated 550 children are currently in custody at US-Mexico border
- The UN Human Rights Office has urged the White House to halt its zero-tolerance policy of separating parents from their children at the US-Mexico border, reports
. The practice has caused asylum-seekers and others in vulnerable situations to be “subjected to criminal prosecution and having their children—including extremely...
Central American 'Caravan' With Women, Kids Reaches Border
About 130 migrants are hoping to find asylum in US
- About 130 Central Americans, mostly women and kids, have arrived at the US-Mexico border in a "caravan" of asylum-seeking immigrants that has drawn the fury of President Trump. Two busloads arrived late Tuesday in the Mexican border city of Tijuana at two migrant shelters just steps from one of...
Tea Party Pol Mistakes YMCA Campers for Immigrants
Adam Kwasman said he saw 'fear' on kids' faces as bus pulled up at protest
- Well, this is embarrassing. Adam Kwasman, an Arizona state rep and Tea Party member who’s vying for a Republican congressional seat, joined an immigration-related protest Tuesday in the town of Oracle. He was there to protest against a local academy that plans on housing Central American immigrant children who’...
Popular on Newser
Newlyweds Die on Florida Honeymoon
A Hiker Died in a Tent Full of Cash, and the Mystery Began
Iran: We Know Who Killed Our Nuclear Scientist
'Hottest Doctor' Gets in Hot Water Over Party Pics
Carrie Lam: I Have Piles of Cash but No Bank Account
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.