Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 26 |
Mar 26, 2015 7:58 AM CDT
Germanwings Co-Pilot Began Descent 'Intentionally'
Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz was conscious until impact, says prosecutor
- Last night's revelation that one of the Germanwings flight's pilots was locked out of the cockpit before the plane went down and tried desperately to get back inside suggested something sinister occurred. Today, Marseilles prosecutor Brice Robin indicated that was indeed the case, saying it appears that...
Mar 25, 2015 6:56 PM CDT
One Pilot Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash
In audio, he's heard trying to smash down the door
- A seemingly dramatic turn in the investigation of the Germanwings plane crash : Audio reveals that one pilot was locked out of the cockpit before the plane went down and tried desperately to get back inside, reports the
New York Times
. The other pilot never opened the door, for reasons that...
in French Alps
Mar 25, 2015 2:44 PM CDT
3 Americans Were Killed in French Alps Plane Crash
Including a mother and daughter from Virginia
- At least three Americans were aboard the passenger jet that crashed in the French Alps yesterday, including a mother and daughter from Virginia. Those two have been identified as Yvonne Selke, a veteran government contractor who worked for Booz Allen Hamilton in DC, and daughter Emily, a 2013 graduate of...
One Is Weird'
Mar 25, 2015 7:22 AM CDT
Expert on Germanwings Crash: 'This One Is Weird'
2 Americans believed to have been on board
- "German-operated A320s do not crash in the cruise. Not these days. This one is weird," tweeted the safety editor of Flightglobal after the crash of Germanwings Flight 9525, and with the investigation of the crash that killed 150 still in the very early stages, other experts seem equally...
Alps Crash Site
to 1953 Disaster
Mar 25, 2015 3:30 AM CDT
Alps Crash Site 'Freakishly Close' to 1953 Disaster
Air France plane went down less than a mile away
- As investigators head to the remote site in the French Alps where Germanwings Flight 9525 crashed yesterday, aviation experts are remembering an air disaster that happened in what the
International Business Times
calls a "freakishly close" location near the village of Barcelonnette. On Sept. 1, 1953, an Air France...
German Town Mourns
16 Teens Aboard Plane
Mar 24, 2015 7:30 PM CDT
German Town Mourns 16 Teens Aboard Plane
They were on the Germanwings flight that crashed in France
- As authorities try to figure out why a Germanwings plane went down in the French Alps—there was no distress call before the pilot's eight-minute descent, reports the AP —details are emerging about some of the 150 people aboard who are now presumed dead. That includes 16 kids,...
Stories 21 - 26 |
Popular on Newser
2nd Woman Dumped at LA Hospital Dies
Parents of Oxford Suspect Caught After Manhunt
You Know About Foster Care, Maybe Not Its 'Shadow' System
He Stuck Out His Arm to Get Vaxxed. It Was 'Cold and Gummy'
Shellshocked Docs Call Bomb Squad for Man With Ordnance in Rectum
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.