Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
University of Cincinnati
He Quarantined From Class, Got a 'Racist' Email From Prof
University of Cincinnati instructor on administrative leave
- After Evan Sotzing's girlfriend tested positive for COVID-19, the University of Cincinnati student says the school's health department instructed him to self-isolate. That meant he had to miss an in-person lab under adjunct professor John Ucker, per the
. The reaction Sotzing received from Ucker was not...
After Mistrial, Another Try at Murder Conviction for Cop
Ohio prosecutor not giving up on conviction for Ray Tensing, accused of killing Sam DuBose
- An Ohio prosecutor said Tuesday he'll again seek a murder conviction against a white former University of Cincinnati cop who fatally shot a black man during a traffic stop. Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said he wants to move the case to seat a jury that won't be...
To Help Others, College President Reveals Suicide Attempts
Santa Ono says he wants to smash stigma surrounding mental illness
- Those who follow the University of Cincinnati's president on Twitter may have been thrown by a tweet he posted over the weekend, as well as by a speech he made at a local event. "My message tonight: There should be no stigma for those with mental illness. I...
Union: Cop Who Killed Sam DuBose Must Get Job Back
Union alleges Ray Tensing was denied due process
- "He never should have been a police officer." That was Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters' harsh assessment on Wednesday of officer Ray Tensing, who was fired from his job as a University of Cincinnati police officer that very day after he was indicted in the shooting death of...
Applause as $1M Bond Set for Cop Charged With Murder
Judge admonishes courtroom to settle down during Ray Tensing arraignment
- A plea of "not guilty" in Ohio's Hamilton County Courthouse went routinely this morning for ex-University of Cincinnati officer Ray Tensing, charged in the shooting death of motorist Samuel DuBose , Cincinnati.com reports. But when Judge Megan Shanahan set Tensing's bond at $1 million, the courtroom burst...
Police Report, Video of Sam DuBose's Death Don't Sync
Officer Ray Tensing's body cam suggests he wasn't dragged
- Video has been released from the body camera of University of Cincinnati police officer Ray Tensing, and it doesn't square with the official police report. The officer, 25, allegedly pulled over unarmed 43-year-old Sam DuBose for a missing license plate on July 19, and after spending less than two...
'He Purposely Killed Him': Cop Indicted in Ohio Death
White officer shot unarmed black man during traffic stop
- A white University of Cincinnati police officer has been indicted on murder charges after he fatally shot an unarmed black man in the head during a traffic stop, reports the
. Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters didn't hold back in his criticism of accused officer Ray Tensing, reports Cincinnati....
Popular on Newser
Fistfights Break Out at Bloody Trump Rally
Harry Reid: If Dems Win, Give GOP 'No More Than 3 Weeks'
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Mark Meadows Makes Startling COVID Comment
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.