Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Terrified, She Left. So He
Went After Her Daughter
Oct 9, 2017 9:13 AM CDT
Terrified, She Left. So He Went After Her Daughter
But Terra Newell fought back against John Meehan
- Someone always gets it in the end, and in the case of John Meehan—or "Dirty John," the nickname that doubled as the title for the
Los Angeles Times'
six-part series on the con man —it was him. He had had something else in mind, though. Some...
It's Not Easy Leaving a Man
Even Strangers Are Terrified Of
Oct 7, 2017 2:50 PM CDT
It's Not Easy Leaving a Man Even Strangers Are Terrified Of
Part 5 in the 'Dirty John' series from the 'Los Angeles Times'
- "Scariest man I've met in my 70 years," attorney John Dzialo tells the
Los Angeles Times
in Part 5 of its six-part series on "Dirty John" Meehan, a conman who married a California woman desperate to find love . Dzialo was hired—and quickly fired—by Meehan...
She Learned Her Husband Was
'Dirty John'—and Went Back
Oct 5, 2017 10:40 AM CDT
She Learned Her Husband Was 'Dirty John'—and Went Back
Part 4 of the 'Dirty John' series in the 'LAT'
Los Angeles Times
on Thursday dropped Part 4 of six in its "Dirty John" series, and the title is "Forgiveness." If you've been following along , go ahead and read deep into that word. It's true: After uncovering more than 300 pages that documented her...
Married for a Decade. Then
She Met the Real 'Dirty John'
Oct 4, 2017 4:08 PM CDT
Married for a Decade. Then She Met the Real 'Dirty John'
Conman called 'the most devious, dangerous, deceptive person I ever met'
- John Meehan became "Dirty John"—occasionally "Filthy John"—in law school. The nickname was bestowed by his classmates for the sheer number of women he would bring home, but it seemed to cover a lot of his unseemly behavior, Christopher Goffard writes in the third installment...
He Was the Man of Her Dreams.
Then the Red Flags Piled Up
Oct 2, 2017 12:50 PM CDT
He Was the Man of Her Dreams. Then the Red Flags Piled Up
The 'Los Angeles Times' presents 'Dirty John' in 6 parts
- At 59, Debra Newell had found professional—but not romantic—success. Divorced four times, the Irvine, Calif., interior designer hadn't totally given up on love, and then it found her in a whirlwind. She met John Meehan via an online dating site in October 2014, and he seemed too...
Popular on Newser
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
Madison Cawthorn Issues Defiant Message After Loss
Carlson Asked Unexpected Person for Favor for His Son
Suspects' Mercedes-Benz Getting Loads of Attention
De Blasio: 'I Am Declaring My Candidacy'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.