Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Lawyer: Mueller Warned
of Presidential Subpoena
May 2, 2018 5:11 AM CDT
Lawyer: Mueller Warned of Presidential Subpoena
Dowd says he responded: 'This isn't some game'
- A former member of President Trump's legal team has confirmed that Robert Mueller raised a possibility last month that could lead to a long legal battle: a presidential subpoena. John Dowd, who led the Trump team's response to the Mueller investigation until his resignation in March , tells Reuters...
Trump Lawyer Reportedly
Floated Pardons for 2 Figures
Mar 29, 2018 7:44 AM CDT
Trump Lawyer Reportedly Floated Pardons for 2 Figures
But John Dowd denies report in 'New York Times' regarding Flynn, Manafort
- President Trump's lawyer, John Dowd, discussed pardons for Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort with their lawyers as special counsel Robert Mueller was building cases against them, three people with knowledge of the conversations tell the
New York Times
. If true, the
points out the timing would be significant,...
Happy' With His
Mar 25, 2018 9:10 AM CDT
Trump: 'Very Happy' With His Legal Team
'Don’t believe the Fake News narrative that it is hard to find a lawyer who wants to take this on'
- President Trump is busily tweeting how "very happy" he is with his legal team in the wake of the departure of top lawyer John Dowd, reports the
. "Many lawyers and top law firms want to represent me in the Russia case...don’t believe the Fake...
Trump Attorney Dowd Resigns
Mar 22, 2018 10:45 AM CDT
Trump Attorney Dowd Resigns
He had been the lead attorney in the Mueller investigation
- President Trump has another major personnel change to deal with: John Dowd, his personal attorney who had been leading the president's response to the Robert Mueller investigation, has resigned, report the
New York Times
. The latter paper suggests his departure was "largely a mutual...
Report: Lawyers Afraid Trump
Would Lie in Mueller Interview
Feb 6, 2018 4:17 AM CST
Report: Lawyers Afraid Trump Would Lie in Mueller Interview
They've urged him to rebuff special counsel, sources say
- President Trump has claimed he would "love to" be interviewed under oath by special counsel Robert Mueller and that he's "looking forward" to it. His lawyers, however, are worried that Trump will make false statements, potentially leading to a charge of lying to investigators, and have urged...
Trump Lawyers Reportedly
Want 2nd Special Counsel
Dec 12, 2017 9:30 AM CST
Trump Lawyers Reportedly Want 2nd Special Counsel
To investigate Robert Mueller's investigation, reports Axios
- There's plenty of speculation in DC about whether President Trump might fire special counsel Robert Mueller. But Mike Allen of Axios reports on another strategy being explored by the president's legal team: Appoint a second special counsel to investigate Mueller's investigation. The story suggests that Trump's...
Sorry, but President
Can't Obstruct Justice
Dec 4, 2017 9:22 AM CST
Trump Attorney: Sorry, but President Can't Obstruct Justice
John Dowd says any claims that a Trump tweet admitted so are 'ignorant and arrogant'
- The Trump attorney who says he penned the "sloppy" tweet that some say indicates a possible obstruction of justice isn't done making headlines. John Dowd spoke to Axios' Mike Allen, scoffing at criticism of the tweet regarding Mike Flynn, which suggested Trump knew the former national security adviser...
Popular on Newser
Suspect's Parents Were Called to School Hours Before Shooting
In Case of Surgeon With Omicron, Cause for Optimism
Suspect in Christmas Parade Tragedy Talks to Fox News
Sheriff: Church Musician Killed His Family, Then Called Cops
Oprah on Beverly Hills Murder: 'World Is Upside Down'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.