Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Killed His Mom at Sea
for Inheritance Money
May 11, 2022 2:04 AM CDT
Man Allegedly Killed His Mom at Sea for Inheritance Money
Nathan Carman has been charged in the 2016 case
- A man found floating on a raft off the coast of New England in 2016 after his boat sank was charged in an indictment unsealed Tuesday with killing his mother at sea to inherit the family's estate, the AP reports. The eight-count indictment released in federal court in Burlington,...
Aunts Say He Killed Twice for
Inheritance. He'll Get It Anyway
May 10, 2019 1:01 PM CDT
Aunts Say He Killed Twice for Inheritance. He'll Get It Anyway
New Hampshire judge dismisses case against Nathan Carman
- A Vermont man suspected by his aunts of murdering his mother and maternal grandfather is set to nab millions in inheritance money stemming from the two deaths. Valerie Santilli, Elaine Chakalos, and Charlene Gallagher sued in New Hampshire in 2017 in an effort to block Nathan Carman from getting his...
New Twist in Story of
Murdered Millionaire Grandpa
Oct 22, 2018 2:18 PM CDT
New Twist in Story of Murdered Millionaire Grandpa
Nathan Carman say John Chakalos' mistress knew he kept cash in his home
- Nathan Carman's story is a weird one , and it just got weirder. The Vermont man was in July 2017 sued by his aunts to keep him from inheriting millions in the wake of the deaths of his maternal grandfather and mother—with his aunts accusing him of murdering that...
He Has Millions Coming to Him,
but Not If His Aunts Succeed
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 28, 2018 4:05 PM CST
He Has Millions Coming to Him, but Not If His Aunts Succeed
Inside the deaths of Nathan Carman's mom and grandfather, and the suit against him
- Last July, Nathan Carman's aunts sued him . The "slayer action" was designed to keep the man, in his early 20s, from inheriting millions in the wake of the deaths of his maternal grandfather and mother—with his aunts accusing him of murdering that grandfather. James D. Walsh takes...
Suit: Nephew Killed His Mom,
Granddad to Inherit Riches
Jul 18, 2017 5:02 PM CDT
Suit: Nephew Killed His Mom, Granddad to Inherit Riches
Linda Carman's sisters don't want Nathan Carman to get his grandfather's millions
- The family of a man suspected in the slaying of his millionaire grandfather filed a lawsuit in New Hampshire on Monday accusing him of killing his grandfather and possibly his mother, who was lost at sea during a mother-son fishing trip, in a bid to collect a multimillion-dollar inheritance. Nathan...
Mom Likely Dead as Questions
Mount for Son Lost at Sea
Sep 28, 2016 4:27 PM CDT
Mom Likely Dead as Questions Mount for Son Lost at Sea
Nathan Carman was a person of interest in his grandfather's 2013 murder
- The case of a 22-year-old man with Asperger's rescued Sunday after eight days lost on the Atlantic Ocean got stranger Tuesday with revelations that police searched his home and that he was once a person of interest in his grandfather's murder, CBS Boston reports. Nathan Carman left Rhode...
Missing Boater Found Alive
After Search Is Called Off
Sep 26, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
Missing Boater Found Alive After Search Is Called Off
Nathan Carman's mother is still missing
- A missing 22-year-old boater who'd been given up for dead is safe and sound aboard an ocean freighter that spotted his life raft. His mother, however, remains lost at sea. Nathan and Linda Carman went missing on Sept. 18 after setting off from Rhode Island on a fishing trip...
New York Times,
Quit Dissing DC's Restaurants
Dec 15, 2010 11:57 AM CST
New York Times,
Quit Dissing DC's Restaurants
Washington has had enough
New York Times
delivered its latest review of the Washington DC dining scene last week, and it was as withering as ever, raising its nose at the “spread of Everyman Eating” on Capitol Hill, where restaurateurs don’t even
for a Michelin star. It’s typical, writes...
Popular on Newser
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
Black Guest Badgered by Staff Member at Palace Event
She Was Behind Some of Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Hits
Comedian Has Survived in NYC Nearly a Month on Just $100
'At Long Last We Have Gained Some Traction on This Most ... Feared Disease'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.