Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NASA Releases New Lunar Code of Conduct
Fighting, littering will not be allowed on the moon
- NASA’s new moonshot rules: No fighting and littering. And no trespassing at historic lunar landmarks like Apollo 11's Tranquility Base. The space agency released a set of guidelines Tuesday for its Artemis moon-landing program, based on the 1967 Outer Space Treaty and other agreements., the AP reports. So...
NASA Updates Plan to Land Woman on Moon
Agency says it needs $3.2B to develop lander
- NASA has rolled out a detailed plan to land a woman and man on the moon by 2024—but it says it will need $3.2 billion next year to make it happen. NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said Monday that it is "critically important" for lawmakers to release the...
As Nations Eye Mining Moon, the 'Artemis Accords' Emerges
Trump administration reportedly creates international pact on moon bases, resource mining
- The Trump administration is reportedly working on an international agreement that would lay out ground rules for moon bases and lunar mining. The Artemis Accords, named for NASA's new Artemis moon program, proposes having "safety zones" around a country's moon base. "The idea is if you...
NASA Says Moon Mission 'Starting to Feel Very Real'
3 firms have contracts to design landers
- NASA had good news for Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk but bad news for Boeing Thursday. Bezos' Blue Origin company and Musk's SpaceX have been selected, along with Alabama-based Dynetics, to develop spacecraft that can land people on the moon, the BBC reports. Under contracts totaling just under $1...
Big Ask From NASA for Its 2024 Moon Expedition
Agency says it will need between $20B and $30B over the next 5 years
- Back in March, Vice President Mike Pence vowed we'd get to the moon by 2024 by "any means necessary." Now, there's a number that NASA is pinning to "necessary": The agency says it will need between $20 billion and $30 billion over the next five...
NASA's Moon Mission Gets Most Appropriate Name
Greek moon goddess Artemis gets her due
- NASA's next mission to the moon is appropriately named, considering efforts to include the first female lunar walk . The mission is dubbed Artemis, after the Greek goddess of the moon and twin sister of the god Apollo, whose namesake mission propelled 12 US astronauts to the moon from 1969...
Popular on Newser
Before SCOTUS Vote, Democrats Have Request for Pence
Felicity Huffman Has Paid Full Debt to Society
Man Uses Most Unusual Way to Take Down Biden Signs: Cops
Putin Speaks Out on Trump's Criticism of Biden Family
13 Australian Women Allegedly Strip-Searched After Qatar Airways Flight
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.