Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Former NFL Player Who
Killed 6 Had Severe CTE
Dec 14, 2021 11:32 AM CST
Former NFL Player Who Killed 6 Had Severe CTE
Family says Phillip Adams was 'desperately seeking help from the NFL'
- A former NFL player who went on a murderous rampage, killing six people and himself , had stage 2 chronic traumatic encephalopathy, better known as CTE. That's according to Boston University's Dr. Ann McKee, who examined Phillip Adams' brain tissue and found it was in a similar condition as...
'Cryptic Writing' Found in Home
of Ex-NFL Player Who Killed 6
Apr 24, 2021 10:30 AM CDT
'Cryptic Writing' Found in Home of Ex-NFL Player Who Killed 6
It was found in Phillip Adams' journals
- Investigators trying to figure out why former NFL player Phillip Adams killed six people, including a prominent doctor and his two grandchildren, say they found strange writing in notebooks at his home. A search warrant released Friday by authorities in South Carolina states that "numerous notebooks were located with...
Another Victim in
Apr 11, 2021 5:48 AM CDT
Another Victim in SC Shooting
Robert Shook is the sixth victim of Rock Hill massacre
- The sole survivor of last week's mass shooting at the home of a prominent South Carolina doctor is now dead. Robert Shook, with his colleague James Lewis, was shot at the Rock Hill home of ER Dr. Robert Lesslie on Wednesday while on an air-conditioner service job. Per WCNC...
Scientists Will Determine
If Phillip Adams Had CTE
Apr 10, 2021 9:30 AM CDT
Scientists Will Determine If Phillip Adams Had CTE
Family agrees to allow former NFL player's brain to be tested in wake of SC killings
- The question of whether former NFL player Phillip Adams suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy will eventually be answered. The 32-year-old killed five people in Rock Hill, South Carolina, on Wednesday, and York County Coroner Sabrina Gast on Friday said that Adams' family had agreed to allow his brain to be...
Sister of Accused Gunman:
'Something Was Off'
Apr 9, 2021 11:20 AM CDT
Sister of Accused Gunman: 'Something Was Off'
Phillip Adams' sister says there were 'extremely concerning' signs of mental distress
- A sister of Phillip Adams, the former NFL cornerback accused of fatally gunning down a prominent doctor and four others in South Carolina on Wednesday before taking his own life, is speaking out, and she says the past couple of years were ones in which Adams' mental health took a...
SC Massacre: 'None of Us
Can Figure Out Why'
Apr 8, 2021 1:47 PM CDT
SC Massacre: 'None of Us Can Figure Out Why'
Dr. Robert Lesslie, 4 others slain; suspect is former NFL player Phillip Adams
- A day after a former NFL player allegedly killed a prominent doctor and four others in South Carolina, more questions than answers were in play. "None of us can figure out why," says Trent Faris of the York County Sheriff's Office, per WBTV . Coverage:
Report: SC Gunman
Is Former NFL Player
Apr 8, 2021 9:10 AM CDT
Report: SC Gunman Is Former NFL Player
AP source identifies killer of 5 as Phillip Adams
- The gunman who killed five people , including a prominent doctor, in South Carolina was former NFL pro Phillip Adams, who killed himself early Thursday, a source who was briefed on the investigation tells the AP . The source says that Adams' parents live near the doctor's home in Rock Hill,...
Popular on Newser
Lake Search Completes Family Tragedy in Minnesota
Bodycam Footage Shows Akron Officers Opening Fire
Hunt for 9 Tons of Lost Gold Leads to ... a Long Story
Child Dies in Hot Car While Mother Is at Work
Another City Angry Over a Police Shooting
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.