We all have our favorite Internet time-wasters; now, Patrick Moberg gives us their equivalents in real-world vices:
- Twitter is crack cocaine: “Fucking ANYONE is your friend. Yuppies do it on their iPhone. Cheap. Short. Fruitless.”
- Tumblr is a bottle of wine: “A quiet night in with a couple friends … flipping through photo albums, singing favorite songs. … Emotions flow freely and without thought.”
- YouTube is shots of tequila: “‘Just ONE’ to humor your friend quickly turns into 4 or 5. Anything and everything becomes wildly entertaining. A fun way to waste some time you won't really remember the details of. Probably for the best.”
- Facebook is a vodka cranberry: “Social lubricant used to enhance still developing social etiquette. You're aware of your uninhibited actions, but comforted by the built in safety net of excuses.”
- MySpace is huffing spray paint: “Destroys any chance of looking credible. You will be perceived as having the mindset of a middle-schooler, and probably do.”
- Gmail is caffeine pills: “Great for a quick pick me up to stimulate productivity, but ultimately leaves you exhausted and relying on it.”
For the full list, check the link to the right.