Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Columbine school massacre
Stories 1 - 20 |
4 Teens Charged With Plotting
Sep 26, 2021 9:00 AM CDT
4 Teens Charged With Plotting Columbine Redux
The Pennsylvania students allegedly planned attack on 25-year anniversary
- Four teenagers have been charged with a plot to attack a Pennsylvania high school in 2024, on the 25th anniversary of the massacre at Colorado's Columbine High School, authorities said. A 15-year-old girl and 15-year-old boy are charged as adults and two other teenagers face juvenile charges in the...
Death Ruled Accidental
Jun 14, 2019 9:21 AM CDT
Columbine Survivor's Death Ruled Accidental
Austin Eubanks died of a heroin overdose
- Austin Eubanks was found dead in his Colorado home on May 18, 20 years after he hid under a library table and managed to survive the Columbine school shooting. Now the Routt County Coroner's Office has confirmed his cause of death: acute heroin toxicity. Coroner Robert Ryg tells CNN...
With Columbine High
Leads to Proposal
Jun 7, 2019 8:26 AM CDT
Rising Fascination With Columbine High Leads to Proposal
School district floats the idea of tearing it down
- As the 20th anniversary of the shooting at Columbine High School approached this spring, the tension in Littleton, Colo., was palpable—not least because an armed woman obsessed with the event was known to be in the area . Each year, police and school officials "make contacts with hundreds of...
Columbine Survivor Found Dead
May 19, 2019 6:12 AM CDT
Columbine Survivor Found Dead
Austin Eubanks struggled with opioid addiction in wake of shooting, 'lost the battle'
- Twenty years after he hid under a library table and managed to survive the Columbine school shooting, Austin Eubanks has been found dead at the age of 37, reports CNN . Eubanks was found at his home during a wellness check after he didn't answer his phone. He struggled with...
STEM School Parent Warned
That a Student Might Snap
May 10, 2019 3:50 PM CDT
STEM School Parent Warned That a Student Might Snap
Officials investigated, later sued the woman for defamation over 'defamatory' statements
- The mother of a student at the Colorado school where one student was shot to death this week and eight were wounded warned school officials that stress was building there, to the point where she feared "something like a Columbine" could happen, CNN reports. After the woman told a...
Tears Flow as Mass
Shooting Is Remembered
Apr 21, 2019 3:45 PM CDT
Tears Flow as Mass Shooting Is Remembered
The Columbine community gathers, 20 years later
- Community members in suburban Denver marked the 20th anniversary of the Columbine High School shooting Saturday with a remembrance ceremony that celebrated the school's survival and by volunteering at shelters, doing neighborhood cleanup projects, and laying flowers and cards at a memorial to the 13 people killed, the AP...
Sol Pais Was Likely Dead
Long Before She Was Found
Apr 20, 2019 6:30 AM CDT
Sol Pais Was Likely Dead Long Before She Was Found
Undersheriff says she likely killed herself soon after arriving in Colorado
- Sol Pais, the Florida 18-year-old who was reportedly obsessed with the Columbine school shooting and caused that school and many others to go on lockout last week when she flew to Colorado and bought a gun, was likely dead before the lockout even occurred, authorities say. Pais flew from Miami...
Sol Pais Raised
Many 'Red Flags'
Apr 18, 2019 10:33 AM CDT
Sol Pais Raised Many 'Red Flags'
Buying a gun 2 miles from Columbine was only one
- As chief of security for Colorado's Jefferson County School District, John McDonald hears of plenty of threats, especially around the anniversary of the April 20, 1999 Columbine massacre. But "this was the real deal," he says of Tuesday's warning about Sol Pais, the 18-year-old South Florida...
Teen 'Infatuated' With
Columbine Is Found Dead
Apr 17, 2019 12:54 PM CDT
Teen 'Infatuated' With Columbine Is Found Dead
Sol Pais, 18, apparently took her own life
- An 18-year-old woman obsessed with Columbine who police feared might try to pull off a similar assault is dead, reports CBS Denver . Police had converged near Mt. Evans in Clear Creek County, Colorado, in the hunt for Florida resident Sol Pais, and Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Shrader says the FBI...
FBI: Dangerous Teen Flew
to Colorado on Monday
Apr 17, 2019 6:37 AM CDT
FBI: Dangerous Teen Flew to Colorado on Monday
'Massive manhunt' is underway for Sol Pais, who is said to be 'infatuated' with Columbine
- The FBI says a "massive manhunt" is underway for a Florida woman obsessed with the 1999 Columbine school massacre who flew to Colorado from Miami on Monday night. Dean Phillips, special agent in charge of the FBI in Denver, says 18-year-old Sol Pais bought a pump-action shotgun and ammunition...
Schools Go on Lockout
Apr 16, 2019 4:44 PM CDT
Columbine, 20-Plus Schools Go on Lockout
The FBI leads the probe into a 'suspicious person'
- Columbine is on lockout, and it's not alone. Over 20 other schools in Jefferson County, Colo., also restricted access Tuesday as officials investigated what they called a "credible threat," the
reports. The FBI is leading the probe with help from the county sheriff and area...
Deadly School Shooting
Was 'Inspired by Columbine'
Mar 14, 2019 3:32 AM CDT
Deadly School Shooting Was 'Inspired by Columbine'
Former students killed 5 pupils, 3 adults in Brazil
- Police in Brazil say Wednesday's school shooting near Sao Paulo was apparently inspired by another massacre that involved two shooters: the infamous 1999 Columbine school shooting in Colorado. The shooters at the Raul Brasil school in Suzano, who killed at least five students and two adults after storming the...
Girls Dress as Columbine
Shooters for Halloween
Nov 2, 2018 5:16 PM CDT
Girls Dress as Columbine Shooters for Halloween
The two Kentucky high schoolers were suspended
- Two Kentucky high school students who dressed as the Columbine High School shooters for Halloween have been suspended. WHAS-TV reports the Adair County High School students went to school Wednesday wearing the costumes. The girls' outfits resembled the clothes 18-year-old Eric Harris and 17-year-old Dylan Klebold wore when they killed...
On Columbine Anniversary,
a Walkout, a Shooting
Apr 20, 2018 11:20 AM CDT
On Columbine Anniversary, a Walkout, a Shooting
1 injured in Florida as students nationwide protest gun violence
- A day already painful for gun control activists became even more so Friday when the 19th anniversary of the Columbine school massacre coincided with a shooting at a high school in Florida. One student at Ocala's Forest High School suffered a non-life-threatening injury; the suspected shooter, identified as a...
Why Columbine Killer's
Mom Prayed for His Death
Feb 15, 2016 6:21 AM CST
Why Columbine Killer's Mom Prayed for His Death
Mother of Dylan Klebold publishes book
- When Sue Klebold learned that her son, Dylan, was involved in the Columbine High School massacre on April 20, 1999, she prayed not for his safety, but for his death—"the greatest mercy" she could imagine. That prayer was answered when Dylan, along with fellow shooter Eric Harris, committed...
Mom Gives First
Feb 12, 2016 10:23 AM CST
Columbine Killer's Mom Gives First TV Interview
'I felt that I was a good mom': Sue Klebold on son Dylan
- It's been 17 years since the Columbine massacre, and on Friday night's
, ABC will air the first TV interview with the mom of killer Dylan Klebold. In her sit-down with Diane Sawyer, Sue Klebold reveals her feelings about the 1999 Colorado school attack in which her son,...
2 Students Arrested
Nov 6, 2015 2:00 AM CST
2 Students Arrested for Columbine Costumes
They were charged with felony, could be expelled
- A bad-enough costume can ruin your life, not just your Halloween, two high school students in Connecticut have discovered. The teenagers were arrested and sent to a juvenile detention center this week after authorities found out they had gone out for Halloween dressed as the Columbine school shooters and allegedly...
Nevada School Shooter, 12, Left Dueling Suicide Notes
May 14, 2014 4:14 AM CDT
Nevada School Shooter, 12, Left Dueling Suicide Notes
No charges to be filed in Nevada shooting
- The 12-year-old boy who killed a teacher and wounded two students before taking his own life in a school shooting last fall left two contradictory suicide notes, authorities say. The police chief in Sparks, Nevada, said 7th-grader Jose Reyes left one note directed at teachers and students where he "...
Cops: Teen Plotted
Massacre in 3 Stages
May 3, 2014 10:30 AM CDT
Cops: Teen Plotted Massacre in 3 Stages
They think he would have gone through with it if not for a suspicious neighbor
- The Minnesota teenager accused this week of planning a school massacre didn't just make a few offhand remarks. He laid out his plan in methodical detail in a notebook he kept locked inside his guitar case, and police are convinced that John David LaDue was poised to strike within...
Cops: Teen 'Fully Prepared'
to Kill Family, Bomb School
May 2, 2014 7:54 AM CDT
Cops: Teen 'Fully Prepared' to Kill Family, Bomb School
Minnesota's John David LaDue planned Columbine-style massacre
- A 17-year-old boy described as a "good kid" by school officials had been secretly planning for almost a year to make his high school the next Columbine or Sandy Hook, authorities say. Police say John David LaDue plotted to kill his family before setting off pressure-cooker bombs in Waseca...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Overturned Truck With Toxic Cargo Causes 'Multiple' Deaths
These Were Hollywood's Worst Moves
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
First Trump Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty in Georgia
No Shutdown: Congress' Surprise Deal Is Approved
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.