Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tristan da Cunha
Penguins Plucked From Oil Spill in Massive Rescue
With 300 birds dead, thousands more in danger, rescuers ask for help
- An isolated island chain halfway between Africa and Argentina, home to 140,000 penguins, is now in the midst of a massive rescue operation, after a shipwreck sent thousands of gallons of oil and soya bean into the waters there. More than 300 penguins have already died since the ship...
Atlantic Oil Spill Coats Endangered Penguins
Nightingale Island surrounded by giant crude slick
- An oil spill has covered thousands of endangered penguins in crude after a cargo ship ran aground on an island in the South Atlantic, the AP reports. The
of Malta broke into two pieces after it hit Nightingale Island in the Tristan da Cunha chain. Its 1,650...
Outbreak Hits World's Most Remote Island
Viral asthma affecting 275-person UK territory in South Atlantic
- A severe viral asthma is wreaking havoc on Tristan da Cunha, a volcanic island 1,700 miles off the coast of South Africa described as the world's most remote community, the BBC reports. Many of the island's 275 residents are having trouble breathing; medical supplies are dwindling in the South...
Popular on Newser
Mysterious Monolith Discovered in Utah
Secret NYC Wedding Was Attended by Thousands
Trump: We're Still Fighting
Under Fire From Progressives, Feinstein Makes a Change
GSA Boss Wants Law Changed
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.