Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
We Foresee: Paper on
ESP Will Spark Outrage
Jan 6, 2011 2:12 AM CST
We Foresee: Paper on ESP Will Spark Outrage
Respected journal publishing paper claiming proof of psychic ability
- A paper to be published in one of psychology's most respected journals already has believers in the paranormal excited and academics crying foul. The paper, by Cornell professor Daryl Bem, has been accepted by the
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
, and its author says it presents strong evidence for...
To Eat Less,
Imagine Eating More
Dec 10, 2010 4:33 PM CST
To Eat Less, Imagine Eating More
Counter-intuitive study says thinking about overeating prevents the real thing
- Imagining eating lots of food could help you hold back from actually doing it , a new study suggests. It seems weird, but previous studies have found that trying to suppress thoughts of eating—or indulging in anything—makes you more likely to partake, and makes the sensation of indulgence even...
Jan 14, 2008 3:55 PM CST
Study Finds No Evidence of ESP
But you knew we were going to say that, right?
- You might have had a feeling, but ESP is not real—at least according to two Harvard researchers who used brain-scanning technology to investigate the existence of extrasensory perception. The brain registers familiar images differently than new ones, but researchers found no difference in activity when subjects processed images "...
Popular on Newser
Cancer That Kirstie Alley Battled Is Specified
Family of Woman Beheaded by Utah Park Gate Wants $140M
Trump Organization Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
Trump Hid a Big Loan While President: Forbes
2 Cosby Show Guest Actors Join Sexual Assault Lawsuit
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.