Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Guys, Don't Forget
Aug 19, 2010 5:28 PM CDT
Guys, Don't Forget Your Girdles
'Shapewear' helps men slim down
- You'll find them under the hip new names like "shapewear" and "compression shirts" but make no mistake—men's girdles are a fashion force. Though bearing little resemblance to their old-fashioned female counterparts, shirts such as Spanx for Men and garments by Equmen—"Equality for Men"—accomplish...
Where Have All
the Girdles Gone?
Dec 6, 2008 6:03 PM CST
Where Have All the Girdles Gone?
Daphne Merkin hunts for anti-gym fix
- In these belt-tightening times, Daphne Merkin wonders why she can't find a decent girdle. Spanx abound and corsets have been re-conceived as fetish objects or ironic fashion statements, but the real body armor has become taboo, she writes in the
New York Times T Magazine.
"Try Brighton Beach,...
Men Trade Crunches
Mar 15, 2008 12:39 PM CDT
Men Trade Crunches for Corsets
Spandex briefs and belly compressors are a hot market
- Undergarments that tuck the tummy and boost the butt are enjoying a surge in sales—and not just in the women's department. The male "shapewear" industry is growing by leaps and bounds as men discover that they don't have to lunge and crunch to get that taut shape. Say...
Popular on Newser
5 Murders Since July May Be Work of Serial Killer
Suspiciously Heavy Fish Lead to Chaos at Tournament
High School Football Team Cancels Entire Season After 'Slave Auction'
Susan Collins: 'I Wouldn't Be Surprised' if a Lawmaker Is Killed
After Late-Night Fatal Crash, an iPhone Calls for Help
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.