Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Are Making Life
Hard for Ronald
Oct 11, 2016 2:12 PM CDT
Creepy Clowns Are Making Life Hard for Ronald
The McDonald's mascot is lying low for the time being
- Likely hoping to avoid scaring children or being shot at , Ronald McDonald will be keeping a "low profile" until this international creepy clown epidemic is sorted out, the AP reports. In a statement released Tuesday, McDonald's says it will be "thoughtful in respect to Ronald McDonald's...
Head Cut Off
Oct 23, 2015 2:24 PM CDT
Ronald McDonald Statue's Feet, Head Cut Off
'Sad,' says Ronald McDonald House director
- Vandals have burned, decapitated, and cut the feet off a smiling Ronald McDonald statue that sat outside a Ronald McDonald House in Vermont. The statue had occupied a bench outside the Burlington home for years, welcoming sick children and families who need to be close to the University of Vermont...
The 5 Creepiest
of All Time
Aug 28, 2011 6:32 PM CDT
The 5 Creepiest Ad Mascots of All Time
In honor of BK's King, Time breaks down the weirdest product hawkers
- Now that Burger King’s weird plastic-faced “King” mascot is done terrorizing us ,
decided to break down the creepiest product mascots of all time. You can check out some of their greatest hits in the video gallery below.
May 19, 2011 2:18 PM CDT
McDonald's: We're Not Ditching Ronald
CEO defends marketing, says clown is 'ambassador for good'
- McDonald’s isn’t going to stop marketing to kids anytime soon if CEO Jim Skinner has anything to say about it. At the company’s annual meeting today, Skinner defended the practice and said parents should be able to decide for themselves whether McDonald’s is healthy enough. “...
6 Mascots That Must Go
Apr 4, 2010 8:00 AM CDT
6 Mascots That Must Go
Ronald McDonald and the Trix rabbit, for starters
- A new survey shows lots of people want McDonald's to retire Ronald McDonald as a mascot, and Nerve agrees: He's just a little creepy. Josh Kurp lists five other mascots that need to go:
Chester Cheetah, Cheetos:
He's "more drug dealer/pimp than a snack-food-selling jungle cat."
Over Big Mac
Apr 1, 2010 4:38 AM CDT
Group Pounds Ronald McDonald Over Big Mac Fat Kids
Child obesity's not funny
- Ronald McDonald is a conniving kid lure who has become the Joe Camel of the child obesity epidemic, claims a group demanding that McDonald's not-so-funny clown be retired. "For 50 years, no one has been better at hooking kids on unhealthy food," said a spokeswoman for Corporate Accountability...
See Red Over Harassment
Jun 6, 2007 4:13 PM CDT
UK Gingers See Red Over Harassment
Hair-color discrimination a burning issue, say British carrot tops
- The UK is ignoring a vicious form of discrimination, the
reports—one based not on skin color but hair color. Britain's red-headed schoolkids face bullying, women feel stereotyped, and auburn-haired Britons report harassment with epithets like carrot-top, copper-top, ginger-nut, and even Ronald McDonald.
Popular on Newser
Alec Baldwin Sued by Family of Fallen Marine
FBI Searches Congressman's Home
After Subway Push, Driver Stops With Inches to Spare
Report Incriminates Ex-Pope on Sex Abuse Cases
Tongans Celebrate 'Real Life Aquaman' Who Survived Tsunami
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.