Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Salesforce, Uber, Lyft
Make Moves Around
Texas Abortion Law
Sep 11, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
Salesforce, Uber, Lyft Make Moves Around Texas Abortion Law
Salesforce will relocate workers concerned about care access; Uber, Lyft will pay drivers' legal fees
- The Texas abortion ban, and the recent Supreme Court ruling keeping it in place, is drawing plenty of reaction, from everyone from Justice Stephen Breyer to Attorney General Merrick Garland weighing in. Add Salesforce.com into the mix, with the company informing employees this week that it would pay for...
Keep One Big Perk
Feb 10, 2021 6:24 AM CST
Salesforce Will Keep One Big Perk After Pandemic
Software company will let most employees keep working from home after this is all over
- Telecommuting, work from home, working virtually, working remotely—whatever you call it, employees at San Francisco's largest private company are about to have the option to do it permanently, even after we've finally chased the pandemic away. Salesforce announced Tuesday that most of its workers will be permitted...
Salesforce Says $27.7B Deal
Is a 'Match Made in Heaven'
Dec 1, 2020 7:07 PM CST
Salesforce Says $27.7B Deal Is a 'Match Made in Heaven'
Company hopes to take on Microsoft with Slack acquisition
- Business software pioneer Salesforce.com is buying work-chatting service Slack for $27.7 billion in a deal aimed at giving the two companies a better shot at competing against longtime industry powerhouse Microsoft. The acquisition announced Tuesday is by far the largest in the 21-year history of Salesforce. The San...
Massive Tech Profits
Lift S&P 500 to New High
Aug 26, 2020 3:58 PM CDT
Massive Tech Profits Lift S&P 500 to New High
Index rose despite falls in many sectors
- More blowout profit reports from big tech companies pushed the S&P 500 to another record high on Wednesday. The benchmark index rose 1%, even though most of the stocks within it fell. Tech stocks accounted for the lion’s share of the gains. The S&P 500 gained 35....
Salesforce's CEO Went on
Vacation, Had an Epiphany
Jan 7, 2019 5:54 PM CST
Salesforce's CEO Went on Vacation, Had an Epiphany
Marc Benioff isn't the only CEO anymore
- Salesforce had an envy-worthy 2018. The markets had their gloomiest year since 2008 , but Salesforce shares were up 34%. In the most recent quarter, revenue and earnings topped estimates for the 30,000-employee company. Ari Levy looks at what CEO Marc Benioff is doing right—and Levy begins his lengthy...
CEO 'Too Busy Scuba Diving'
to Deal With Border Crisis
Sep 26, 2018 6:33 AM CDT
CEO 'Too Busy Scuba Diving' to Deal With Border Crisis
Marc Benioff slammed for CBP contract
- Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff is taking flak for his tech company's contract with US Customs and Border Protection—and for the way he backed out of a call with a nonprofit group at the height of the family separation crisis. In an email seen by the
, Benioff called...
Tech Billionaire, Wife
Sep 17, 2018 2:40 AM CDT
Tech Billionaire, Wife to Buy
Benioffs set to become mag's 2nd owners in a year
magazine is about to change hands for the second time in less than a year. In a deal awaiting the approval of regulators, Salesforce founder Marc Benioff and his wife, Lynne, are buying the 95-year-old magazine from Meredith Corporation for $190 million, CNBC reports. Meredith—which acquired Time Inc....
to Work For
Feb 16, 2018 9:17 AM CST
10 Best US Companies to Work For
The top firm boasts employee 'mindfulness' rooms and 56 paid hours yearly for volunteering
- Finding a place to punch in where no one watches the clock all day is every employee's dream, and
has compiled a list of the US companies that just might fit the bill. The magazine looked at feedback from more than 315,000 employees of companies that have...
Here, Interns Can
Earn $96K a Year
May 2, 2017 11:17 AM CDT
Here, Interns Can Earn $96K a Year
Facebook's interns are a lucky bunch
- Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to keep a rewarding internship and a roof over your head . If you're prepared for a fight, you can find a great internship that also pays well—$8,000 per month in the case of Facebook. Here are the companies offering the...
Google Ups Ante in Office Software Fight Vs. Microsoft
Apr 14, 2008 3:10 PM CDT
Google Ups Ante in Office Software Fight Vs. Microsoft
Expansion of partnership with Salesforce puts Softy on defensive
- Google and Salesforce.com have expanded their partnership in customer-management and office software, the
New York Times
reports, in an ongoing competition with Microsoft and its Office suite. Salesforce’s software will be further integrated with Google’s applications—a milestone in the search giant’s efforts to challenge Microsoft...
Popular on Newser
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
Adventurer's 2nd Attempt to Cross Atlantic Ends in Death
Hate Mail Flooded In After Golfer's Greatest Moment
Food Poisoning Can Cost You Far More Than You Think
Deception or an Oversight? 2 Fans Sue Over Movie Trailer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.