Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
National Recording Registry
Alicia Keys, Wu-Tang Clan
Albums Claim a Major Honor
Apr 13, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Alicia Keys, Wu-Tang Clan Albums Claim a Major Honor
25 songs, albums, and even a podcast are added into National Recording Registry
- Critically acclaimed debut albums by Wu-Tang Clan and Alicia Keys, Ricky Martin's Latin pop megahit "Livin' La Vida Loca," and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" are among the recordings being inducted this year into the National Recording Registry. The Library of Congress announced on Wednesday the 25...
25 More Recordings Deemed
a Key Part of Our Soundscape
Mar 24, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
25 More Recordings Deemed a Key Part of Our Soundscape
Music by Louis Armstrong, Janet Jackson, Nas will be inducted to National Recording Registry
- Janet Jackson's socially conscious album
Rhythm Nation 1814
, Louis Armstrong's jazzy
When the Saints Go Marching In
, and Nas' debut release
are among 25 recordings being inducted to the National Recording Registry. The Library of Congress announced Wednesday that Patti LaBelle's song "Lady Marmalade" and...
Among 25 Newly Honored
US Sounds: 'Purple Rain'
May 23, 2012 10:10 AM CDT
Among 25 Newly Honored US Sounds: 'Purple Rain'
Only-known audio of ex-slaves also joins National Recording Registry
- America's archived history just got a little noisier: 25 sounds that shaped the American cultural landscape are being inducted into the National Recording Registry. The additions are being announced today by the Library of Congress. Among them:
A handful of pop/rock songs: Donna Summer's 1977 hit "I
US History Trove
May 15, 2008 12:13 PM CDT
Joins Top US History Trove
Jackson hit album added to prestigious aural archives
- Michael Jackson's
has been added to the prestigious National Recording Registry's archive of the most important recordings in American history,
reports. The monster 1982 hit joins 24 other "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" new additions to the collection, including a 1925 recording of the first-ever broadcast to...
Popular on Newser
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
9 Months Later, Case of Lina Sardar Khil Still Baffles
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.