Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Apr 24, 2020 5:40 PM CDT
Astronomer Sues American Girl Over Doll
Lucianne Walkowicz argues similarities with Luciana Vega aren't coincidental
- An astronomer in Chicago has sued the maker of American Girl dolls, alleging the Wisconsin company stole her likeness and name to create its astronaut doll. The federal trademark lawsuit filed in Madison this week by Lucianne Walkowicz asks American Girl and its parent company, Mattel, to stop selling the...
Got $5K at
This Doll Can
Nov 5, 2019 4:04 PM CST
Got $5K at Your Disposal? This Doll Can Be Yours
Three of these American Girl dolls are available, decked out in 5,000 Swarovski crystals and beads
- Don't know what to get for the girl who has everything? How about a doll decked out in thousands of dollars worth of bling? If you've got $5,000 lying around and can make arrangements with an American Girl flagship store in Los Angeles, New York, or Chicago,...
What to Do With That
History Degree? This
Mar 18, 2017 4:25 PM CDT
What to Do With That History Degree? This
American Girl is hiring a research historian
- American Girl, known for producing historically accurate dolls for kids, is now looking for a research historian, a gig "you spent your entire childhood training for," per Jezebel . So if you've got a bachelor's degree or higher in history or a related field, a few years...
New Doll Is
Unlike Any of
Feb 14, 2017 6:35 PM CST
American Girl's New Doll Is Unlike Any of Its Others
Logan Everett is the company's first boy doll
- If there's such a thing as a gender-reversed glass ceiling for American Girl dolls*, then Logan Everett is about to shatter it. Huffington Post reports Logan, American Girl's first boy doll, is being released Thursday. A PR director for the company says a boy doll has been a...
Tears Flow as Girl Sees
Doll Has Prosthetic Like Her
Jun 3, 2016 9:03 AM CDT
Tears Flow as Girl Sees Doll Has Prosthetic Like Her
Emma Bennett floored at seeing modified American Girl doll
- Part of the American Girl doll brand's claim to fame is that kids can get a doll made in their own likeness—but Emma Bennett's parents wanted to go one step further. The Texas 10-year-old has a prosthetic leg ( KHOU notes she was born with a rare...
is Sweet, Simple
Jun 20, 2008 4:00 PM CDT
is Sweet, Simple
Well-made movie will entertain kids, critics agree
- The young girls who love the “American Girl” series are pretty much guaranteed to love
Kit Kittredge: An American Girl
, critics agree. Rex Reed of the
New York Observer
calls it “a brisk, beautifully conceived period piece that spells entertainment with a capital E,” though he admits...
Popular on Newser
Suspected 'Mass Fentanyl Poisoning Event' Kills 9 in Florida
How Parade Shooting Suspect Managed to Buy 5 Guns
Scathing Obit: 'It Will Be Challenging to Miss Lawrence'
Boys 'Shouldn't Have Been Able to Physically Do What They Did'
Amazon Prime Rolls Out a Big 'Thank You' to Customers
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.