Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
New Trouble for Billionaire Claiming Beach as His Own
California commissions sue Vinod Khosla over access to Martins Beach
- The California Attorney General's Office has filed suit against a billionaire who's long tried to block the public from accessing a beach he claims as his own . The suit, filed Monday on behalf of the California State Lands Commission and California Coastal Commission, claims Sun Microsystems co-founder Vinod...
Billionaire's Beach Saga Has a Strange Twist
Vinod Khosla's case rejected by Supreme Court, but he says a win would have 'depressed' him
- The public can continue to visit a billionaire's private beach in Northern California—as long as they pony up $10 for parking. That's the upshot of the Supreme Court's decision Monday not to take up the strange saga of Martin's Beach, owned by Sun Microsystems co-founder...
Court Delivers Blow to Billionaire Who Closed Public Beach
Public access to Martins Beach must be restored, say judges
- The Silicon Valley billionaire who bought and then closed public access to a popular California beach must let the surfers return, a court ruled Thursday. In a 3-0 decision, a state appeals court ruled venture capitalist Vinod Khosla must restore public access to Martins Beach near San Francisco. Martins Beach...
Drama After Calif. Billionaire Puts End to Public Beach Access
Vinod Khosla says state panels have unfairly singled him out, 'harassed' him
- In California, the public essentially has the right to access the portion of the beach that gets wet. But with a great deal of coastal development, how one gets to this public strip of land can be far murkier, as a new lawsuit involving a private property near Half Moon...
The World's Greenest Venture Capitalist
Vinod Khosla has spent a fortune financing enviro-startups
- Vinod Khosla isn’t just smarter and richer than the average venture capitalist—he’s greener, too. Khosla has sunk $450 million into what he calls “imprudent science experiments" over the past 4 years, financing 45 enviro-tech startups. “We've funded an incredible number of things that would make...
Popular on Newser
An Elderly Man Died of COVID. His Obit Pulls No Punches
CDC Makes Significant Change to Its Mask Advice
Surfers' Warning: Don't Use a Lock Box
Mistake Leads to Mauling at Carole Baskin's Rescue
Prosecutors Raise Concerns About Rittenhouse Fundraising
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.