New features on our site
Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
King Mswati III
King Celebrates Birthday by Renaming Country
Swaziland is now 'eSwatini'
- As the absolute monarch of Swaziland, King Mswati III's powers include the ability to rename his country, and he proceeded to do so Thursday, announcing that it is now called the Kingdom of eSwatini. The new name, like the old one, means "land of the Swazis," reports...
World's 4 Worst, Least-Known Dictators
Meet 'Europe's last dictator' and the guy with 15 wives
- Kim Jong Un is a terrible , murderous despot , but he's not the only Dr. Evil on the block. Ozy runs through some of the equally ruthless dictators who you've likely never heard of:
The Belarusian president Condi Rice once called "Europe's last dictator" just
Activists: Coke Propping Up Swaziland Dictator
Huge Coca-Cola operation under fire
- Swaziland's dictator keeps on going, thanks in part to support from Coca-Cola, activists are charging. King Mswati III has long been accused of human rights abuses and of looting the national treasury. Coca-Cola owns a large concentrate manufacturing plant in Swaziland, and has hosted trips by Mswati to its...
King Sends Wives on Spree While Africans Starve
- Swaziland King Mswati III sent several of his 13 wives on a multi-million-dollar shopping spree in the Mideast and Europe while two-thirds of his subjects continue to suffer in abject poverty, reports the
of London. The move has triggered sharp criticism in Britain, which provides the impoverished nation with...
Popular on Newser
CDC Chief Makes Call on Plane, Reporter Overhears It
Biden Campaign Has Quite a Response to Trump Demand
Tripadvisor Review Could Land American in Jail
Trump's Looming Debt Called a 'Time Bomb'
Pelosi Prepares for No-Decision
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.