Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
After 44 Years, Truck Still
Brings What He Paid for It
Aug 6, 2020 3:37 PM CDT
After 44 Years, Truck Still Brings What He Paid for It
Minnesota man returns pickup to the grandson of the original seller, for $75
- A Minnesota man sold the 1957 Chevy pickup he drove for 44 years for $75—the same price he paid decades ago. Bob Sportal of Prinsburg handed over the key last month to the grandson of the man he bought the truck from, the AP reports. Sportal was in his...
$700 Jalopy on Craigslist
Was Million-Dollar Corvette
May 29, 2016 11:47 AM CDT
$700 Jalopy on Craigslist Was Million-Dollar Corvette
Sometimes gems lie underneath the 'gaudy purple paint, poorly applied'
- Anybody can go poking around Craigslist and find a junker car for $700. But nobody at all snapped up a jalopy listed five years ago and described thusly: "SERIAL # X53L on documented 1953 pre-production Corvette Frame. We believe this to be a 1953 Pontiac prototype that was to...
This Stolen Hot Rod
Is Worth So Much Money
May 3, 2016 6:04 PM CDT
This Stolen Hot Rod Is Worth So Much Money
Experts call it a 'freak'
- It's known as a "freak" by experts, and now it's missing. The
reports a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda worth nearly $1.5 million was boosted from a New York residence last week. The hot rod is worth so much because it's one of only 17...
Restore Classic Cars
Oct 27, 2011 2:53 PM CDT
Vegas Prisoners Restore Classic Cars
It's an 'amazing' program, says one inmate
- When it comes to behind-bars occupations, it’s not all license-plate-making anymore: At the Southern Desert Correctional Center, near Las Vegas, some 33 medium-security inmates show up Monday through Friday to restore vintage cars. "We've got a '56 Jaguar, a '48 Rolls Royce, and a Studebaker...
Sep 20, 2011 1:30 AM CDT
Thief Swipes Travolta's Vintage Ride
$100K vehicle stolen in broad daylight
- John Travolta's collection of vintage cars, while still impressive, is a little smaller than it was a few days ago. A thief made off with the actor's 1970 Mercedes Benz 280-SL after he left it on a residential street in Santa Monica for 10 minutes while visiting a...
How to Spend Your
$333M Mega Jackpot
Aug 28, 2009 6:25 PM CDT
How to Spend Your $333M Mega Jackpot
Lottery pot now tops $333M
- With the Mega Millions jackpot at $333 million, ABC News investigates the best ways to spend it:
A new pad:
"I would think they'd want to own a truly extraordinary home," says a real-estate agent. How about 3 townhouses in Greenwich Village, at just $16 million a pop?
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
Woman Has Struggled to Prove She's Not Dead for 16 Years
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.