Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,669,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
FDA Has an Issue With Purell's Marketing
Wants its maker to cut down on the unproven claims regarding flu, Ebola, and more
- If you've seen Purell's claims that Purell "kills more than 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness in a healthcare setting, including MRSA"—well, the FDA wishes you hadn't. In a Jan. 17 notice , it instructed Purell maker Gojo Industries to...
FDA Cracks Down on False Claims for Hand Sanitizers
Agency warns firms claiming their gels battle MRSA
- Warning: Hand sanitizers will not make you invincible. They don’t, for example, protect against germs like MRSA, as the FDA pointed out yesterday in a consumer update. Nor do they kill E. coli, salmonella, or the H1N1 virus. It’s not just consumers who don’t get this: The...
Pick Your Poison: Swine Flu or Hand Sanitizer
Recent H1N1-inspired flood of alcohol-based products into schools are also flammable
- Schools are loading up on hand sanitizer in an effort to fight swine flu—but the alcohol-based panacea has problems of its own, the
reports. Bottles and dispensers of the stuff are ubiquitous in classrooms, and officials have belatedly realized the dangers of its 65% alcohol content. “...
Popular on Newser
Company to Fiance After Fatal Crash: Hope You 'Cry All Day'
It Was Chicago's Deadliest Memorial Day Weekend in 5 Years
Parents Have a Message for Student Wanted in 2 Slayings
Woman Apologizes for 'Unacceptable' Reaction to Black Man in Park
Widower of Scarborough Aide Asks Twitter to Act on Trump
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.