Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Someone Stole Her ID. She Went to Jail for 49 Days
Joy Morales is suing over her false imprisonment in New Mexico
- A New Mexico woman wrongly jailed for weeks in two states after someone stole her identity is suing a New Mexico county and a city that ignored her pleas that they had the wrong person, reports the AP . The
reports lawyers for Joy Morales recently filed a lawsuit...
Man Who Vanished in 1993 Must Pay Family He Left $2M
Judge orders Richard Hoagland to pay back child support, with plenty of interest
- Matthew Hoagland turned 35 a few weeks ago, but when his father went up to him to say happy birthday, "I told him this was not the time or the place," Matthew says. The place was an Indiana court, where Richard Hoagland had to appear for a hearing...
Waitress Gets Handed Her Own Stolen ID
Brianna Priddy played it cool, then called cops
- When a waitress asks for your ID, you may not want to hand her ... her own stolen ID. That's what recently happened at an Applebee's in Colorado, KDVR reports. Brianna Priddy's wallet was stolen last month, and she was shocked when a customer handed her her own...
Would You Friend This Fake Person? Probably
Distressing response rate for fake Facebook friend requests
- If someone you don’t know, represented only by a photo of a rubber duck, tries to friend you on Facebook, you’ll probably...accept. That’s the conclusion of a study by a security firm that created two fake accounts—the fictitious woman behind the duck was named Daisy...
Popular on Newser
Ken Jennings Blasted for Tweet He Chose Not to Delete
Doctor Has 'Chilling' Warning in Viral COVID Video
What Happened in This Wawa Did Not Stay in This Wawa
SCOTUS Sides With Religious Groups Over COVID Restrictions
'Zombie' COVID-Infected Mink Re-Emerging From Graves
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.