Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Out on Robert
May 5, 2020 3:21 AM CDT
Natalie Wood's Daughter Speaks Out on Robert Wagner Rumors
No way her stepdad killed her mom, Natasha Gregson Wagner says
- Natasha Gregson Wagner has long made it clear she doesn't believe her stepfather, Robert Wagner, had anything to do with her mother Natalie Wood's mysterious 1981 drowning death. In a new memoir, she reiterates that view. "I know that if my mom had been in any kind...
Dr. Phil Steps Into Fray
of Natalie Wood Death
Sep 15, 2018 6:00 AM CDT
Dr. Phil Steps Into Fray of Natalie Wood Death
Wood's sister, yacht captain tell Phil McGraw they're sure husband Robert Wagner killed her
- For nearly 40 years, the death of Natalie Wood has remained a mystery. First the 43-year-old actress was ruled to have died of accidental drowning after disappearing from a yacht she was on with husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken. Then, in 2012, that ruling shifted to drowning plus...
New Sequence of Events
in Natalie Wood's Death
Feb 2, 2018 8:33 AM CST
New Sequence of Events in Natalie Wood's Death
Investigators say new witnesses emerge, but case status isn't changed
- It's back. The cold case involving the suspicious drowning of actress Natalie Wood in 1981 is once again making headlines . The impetus is a show airing Sunday on CBS'
in which a Los Angeles County sheriff's investigator refers to widower Robert Wagner, now 87, as a...
New Look at Natalie Wood's
Death Resurfaces Old Name
Feb 1, 2018 10:49 AM CST
New Look at Natalie Wood's Death Resurfaces Old Name
Robert Wagner seems to be a focus of '48 Hours' episode airing Saturday
- At its face, the line sounds explosive: CBS News reports actor Robert Wagner "is now a person of interest" in wife Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning death, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators. But read on in CBS' report, and what Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department...
Robert Wagner Mute in
New Natalie Wood Inquiry
Jan 18, 2013 8:25 AM CST
Robert Wagner Mute in New Natalie Wood Inquiry
Wagner only person on yacht who refuses to talk to investigators
- A re-investigation into Natalie Wood's drowning 32 years ago has raised questions about what exactly happened on the yacht that night, but don't expect her husband to shed any light on the matter, reports the AP . Detectives have interviewed more than 100 people related to Wood's death...
Jan 14, 2013 2:49 PM CST
Natalie Wood's Body Bruised Before She Drowned: Coroner
But new report leaves cause of death 'undetermined'
- Natalie Wood's body had bruises and scratches that she likely suffered before drowning in the Pacific Ocean on a November night in 1981, according to a new coroner's report. "The location of the bruises, the multiplicity of the bruises, lack of head trauma, or facial bruising support...
Off That Boat:
Sep 15, 2012 2:22 PM CDT
Wagner Pushed Natalie Wood Off That Boat: Interview
Sister Lana Wood recalls story on old audio tape
- Newly unearthed audiotapes indicate Robert Wagner may have pushed girlfriend Natalie Wood off a boat and dithered while she drowned, CBS News reports. In a taped interview, Natalie's sister Lana Wood said she once received a call from Dennis Davern, captain of the boat on that fateful night in...
Aug 22, 2012 3:44 AM CDT
Coroner Alters Natalie Wood's Death Certificate
To 'drowning, other undetermined factors'
- Natalie Wood's death certificate now gives the cause of death as "drowning and other undetermined factors" instead of merely "drowning," according to a copy obtained by the AP . The amended document now also states that it is "not clearly established" how the actress ended up...
Natalie Wood Death
Jul 7, 2012 6:08 AM CDT
Natalie Wood Death Now 'Undetermined'
Certificate no longer reads 'accident'
- Nearly 31 years after actress Natalie Wood drowned while on a boat cruise off Catalina, the LA County Coroner has changed her death certificate from "accident" to "undetermined," reports TMZ . The investigation was re-opened last November after the boat's captain made comments that raised doubts about...
May 1, 2012 12:21 AM CDT
Natalie Wood's Daughter Busted for Heroin, Cocaine
Arrest follows gunshot at Courtney Wagner's Malibu home: TMZ
- Natalie Wood's 38-year-old daughter has been busted at her Malibu home on suspicion of felony possession of cocaine and heroin, sources tell TMZ . Police discovered the drugs when they responded to reports of a woman screaming and a gunshot, said the sources. An unidentified man at Courtney Wagner's...
Natalie Wood's Death
Still an Accident
Jan 11, 2012 6:50 AM CST
Natalie Wood's Death Still an Accident
Re-opened investigation finds no evidence of foul play
- After nearly two months of investigation , officials have come to the same conclusion they did decades ago: Natalie Wood's death was an accident. The LA County Sheriff's Department has found no new evidence to suggest otherwise since re-opening the case, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. "At this...
in Natalie Wood
Case? So Far, Nada
Nov 19, 2011 8:12 AM CST
What's New in Natalie Wood Case? So Far, Nada
It's still not clear what, if any, evidence led to case being reopened
- Trying to make sense of all the new information in the Natalie Wood case ? Good luck with that, because so far there hasn't been any. The
Los Angeles Times
assesses the hoopla: The boat captain gave no details to back up his assertion that Wood widower Robert Wagner...
in Natalie Wood
Nov 18, 2011 10:01 AM CST
Blame Husband in Natalie Wood Death: Captain
Robert Wagner was 'responsible' for tragedy
- Robert Wagner is to blame for Natalie Wood’s death, says the captain of the boat off of which Wood reportedly drowned. Appearing on the
show, Dennis Davern was asked whether Wagner was responsible. "Yes, I would say so. Yes," he replied. A number of details from...
Nov 18, 2011 7:40 AM CST
Natalie Wood Investigation Reopened
Homicide cops taking fresh look at star's 1981 drowning
- Los Angeles County homicide detectives have reopened an investigation into the 30-year-old mystery of actress Natalie Wood's death. The star's 1981 drowning was ruled an accident. But her last evening, which she spent on a yacht with husband Robert Wagner and movie co-star Christopher Walken, has long been...
Mar 8, 2010 10:16 AM CST
Sister Wants Natalie Wood Case Reopened
Sister, yacht captain want 1981 case reopened
- The official theory behind Natalie Wood’s untimely death is that the actress slipped while on her yacht—but Wood’s sister and the yacht captain want the investigation reopened, citing a fight Wood had with husband Robert Wagner prior to drowning. “I just want the truth to come...
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
Russell Brand's Troubles Get Worse
On Tuesday, an 'Absolutely Unprecedented' Move by Biden
Strange Case of Mom Accused in Husband's Death Gets Stranger
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.