Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Soldier Faces Murder Charges 47 Years After Bloody Sunday
18 other suspects are off the hook
- The first charges have been laid 47 years after Northern Ireland's Bloody Sunday, when 13 demonstrators were shot and killed by British troops. A former paratrooper is charged with the murders of two men, James Wray and William McKinney, and the attempted murders of four others: Patrick O'Donnell,...
Thousands Jam 'Bloody Sunday' Bridge
Huge crowd marks 50th anniversary
- Thousands of people crowded an Alabama bridge on Sunday, many jammed shoulder to shoulder and unable to move, to commemorate a bloody confrontation 50 years ago between police and peaceful protesters that helped bring about the 1965 Voting Rights Act. A day after President Obama walked atop the Edmund Pettus...
In Ireland, Queen Passes on Guinness
Guinness may be good for you , but she'll skip Ireland's famous export
- Queen Elizabeth II's journey of reconciliation to Ireland this week has been serious business—given the violent history between the two countries—which is why one might've expected Her Majesty and Prince Phillip to welcome a fresh pint of Guinness with open arms. But even the expert preparation...
'Bloody Sunday' Report Blames British Soldiers
PM David Cameron apologizes to Irish victims of 1972
- Relatives of 13 Irish demonstrators shot to death by British troops on Northern Ireland 's Bloody Sunday cried tears of joy today as an epic fact-finding probe ruled that their loved ones were innocent and the soldiers entirely to blame for the 1972 slaughter. The investigation took 12 years and...
Popular on Newser
Harry Reid: If Dems Win, Give GOP 'No More Than 3 Weeks'
Murkowski: I've Decided About My Barrett Vote
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Ivanka, Jared Billboards Trigger Lawsuit Threat
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.