Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tardigrades May Have Survived Crash Landing on Moon
Microscopic creatures can live most anywhere
- When humans return to the moon, they may find other living creatures waiting for them. The cargo on an Israeli private lunar lander, Beresheet, that crashed onto the moon's surface in April included a box full of a few thousand dehydrated tardigrades. The microscopic creatures, considered one of the...
These Weird Creatures Will Live Long Enough to See Sun Die
Researchers unable to theoretically kill off the tardigrade
- A study published Friday in
found there is one life form that will likely survive long enough to watch the Sun die out. And it's not Keith Richards. According to a press release , the study found that no astrophysical catastrophe nor extinction event will be enough to...
After 30 Years on Ice, This Thing Came Back to Life
Revived tardigrade sets new record
- Japanese researchers have successfully awakened a microscopic tardigrade (more colloquially known as a waterbear) after it spent three decades in a subzero slumber, the
reports. That's a new record; previous Antarctic specimens were revived after about eight years, per the study, published last month in
. In November...
World's Hardiest Creatures Survive 'Martian Soil'
Researchers seek to keep Earth stowaways away from Mars
- A tiny but incredibly tough creature called the tardigrade has been identified as the Earth-dweller most likely to hitch a ride to Mars and survive once there—indicating that our methods for sterilizing Mars rovers may not be up to snuff. The millimeter-long creature, also known as the water bear,...
Popular on Newser
Trump Cuts 60 Minutes Interview Short, Calls It 'FAKE'
Family, Friends of Woman Killed by Falling Tree Will Get $28M
Outbreak Spares No Resident at Kansas Nursing Home
NYT : Trump Has Previously Undisclosed Chinese Account
After 47 Years, Marshals on Trail of Escaped Child Killer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.