Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Noah's Ark park
Noah's Ark Replica Owners Sue Over Rain Damage
Owners of Ark Encounter say insurers need to pay up
- Don't confuse the original Noah's Ark with the Ark Encounter—only the latter is suing its insurers over rain damage, CNN reports. The Kentucky attraction, which boasts a $120 million replica of the biblical ark, was affected when heavy rainfall in 2017 and 2018 caused a landslide on...
Bill Nye: Noah's Ark Park Gets Science So, So Wrong
Science Guy has beefs after visiting Kentucky's Ark Encounter
- It was "much more troubling or disturbing than I thought it would be." That's what Bill Nye has to say about Ark Encounter , Kentucky's new $100 million Bible-themed attraction featuring the largest timber-frame structure in the world and … dinosaurs. The park suggests the world was...
$90M Noah's Ark Attraction Gets Opening Date
The ship will sail, so to speak, on July 7
- Construction of a Noah's Ark attraction in northern Kentucky is sailing along, and the builders say it will open next year. Answers in Genesis, the Christian ministry leading the project, announced Thursday that the attraction will open to visitors July 7. The massive, 510-foot-long wooden boat is the $90...
Noah's Ark Park Hits Another Wall
Kentucky denies $18M in tax incentives over discrimination worries
- It's again raining on Ark Encounter's parade —er, park. The creationist theme park in the works since 2010 has been denied $18 million in Kentucky tax incentives based on concerns that it will violate the separation of church and state. Though the state initially gave its approval...
Creationist: Bill Nye Gave Us Funding 'Miracle'
Their debate aroused interest in Noah's Ark theme park
- Bill Nye must be rolling his eyes about now. His debate with Creation Museum founder Ken Ham aroused so much attention last month that the museum's proposed Noah's Ark theme park got much-needed funding at the last minute, NPR reports. "It was a challenging time, one that...
Noah's Ark Park in Danger of Sinking
Feel like buying $29M in unrated municipal bonds?
- A Noah's Ark theme park set to break ground in Kentucky in March could soon be crushed—not by a mountain of water, but by a lack of investor interest, Bloomberg reports. Building a full-scale ark replica at the biblical Ark Encounter park—set to open in April 2016—...
Sink the $40M Tax Break for Noah's Ark Park
Much more exciting: A Scientology galactic park at taxpayer expense
- Kentucky's plan to grant a $40 million tax break to a Noah's Ark theme park is roiling waters as far away as Los Angeles. The $150 million "Ark Encounter" park, featuring a three-story-high ship, is being conceived by a Christian ministry that believes humans co-existed with dinosaurs and that...
Popular on Newser
An Elderly Man Died of COVID. His Obit Pulls No Punches
Prosecutors Raise Concerns About Rittenhouse Fundraising
Mistake Leads to Mauling at Carole Baskin's Rescue
CDC Makes Significant Change to Its Mask Advice
Surfers' Warning: Don't Use a Lock Box
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.