Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
China's New Stealth Fighter Looks Awfully Familiar
Officials say stolen US data helped make J-20
- China's newest stealth fighter was surprisingly unveiled Tuesday as two Chengdu J-20 twin-engine prototypes flew at an airshow in Zhuhai in front of a cheering crowd. According to US officials, Washington is actually deserving of the applause. They believe Chinese hackers stole data on America's F-35 and F-22...
China's New Fighter Ripped Off Downed US Jet
Chinese bought up wreckage of F-117 Nighthawk shot down in '99
- China's got a brand-new shiny stealth fighter —and the country may want to drop Washington a thank-you note for it, reports the AP. Seems a US-made F-117 Nighthawk that was shot down over Serbia in 1999 attracted some attention in Beijing. And Balkan military officials and experts say that...
Chinese Stealth Fighter Makes First Flight
J-20 makes maiden flight during Robert Gates visit
- China's new stealth fighter has made its first flight just hours before Defense Secretary Robert Gates was to meet with Chinese President Hu Jintao. The laser-evading J-20 prototype flew for about 15 minutes over an airfield in the southwestern city of Chengdu, AP reports. Though likely some years away...
Photos of China's Stealth Fighter Emerge
The first flight could be very soon, say experts
- The first clear photos of what appears to be a Chinese stealth fighter prototype have hit the Internet—and they're sparking concerns that China’s military modernization is happening faster than previously thought. The pictures, which many experts believe are authentic, appear to show a J-20 prototype performing a high-sped...
Popular on Newser
Ken Jennings Blasted for Tweet He Chose Not to Delete
What Happened in This Wawa Did Not Stay in This Wawa
Doctor Has 'Chilling' Warning in Viral COVID Video
SCOTUS Sides With Religious Groups Over COVID Restrictions
'Zombie' COVID-Infected Mink Re-Emerging From Graves
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.