Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
A 'Cruel' Reddit Forum Puts
Dark Twist on COVID Deaths
Sep 26, 2021 9:30 AM CDT
A 'Cruel' Reddit Forum Puts Dark Twist on COVID Deaths
HermanCainAward goes to anti-vaxxers who die from the disease
- Public obituaries amid the pandemic have turned into a "war of words," notes WebMD . Families of loved ones who died of COVID frequently vent their rage at the unvaccinated or make pleas for others to get their shots. On Reddit, however, a related phenomenon has reached a whole...
Tweet From Herman Cain's
Account Comes Down Quickly
Aug 31, 2020 11:45 AM CDT
Tweet From Herman Cain's Account Comes Down Quickly
Feed of politician who died from COVID suggested media was exaggerating dangers
- Herman Cain died battling COVID-19 last month, but his Twitter feed lives on. And a tweet that went out Sunday night under the "Cain Gang" feed caused some double-takes, reports Mediaite . "It looks like the virus is not as deadly as the mainstream media first made it out...
Former GOP Candidate
Herman Cain Dies of COVID
Jul 30, 2020 10:50 AM CDT
Former GOP Candidate Herman Cain Dies of COVID
He was 74
- The coronavirus has claimed another familiar name: Herman Cain , a 2012 GOP presidential candidate, has died at age 74, reports CNBC . Cain was hospitalized in Atlanta on July 1, though his Twitter feed had reported that he was improving throughout the month and quoted Cain himself as saying he was...
Jul 2, 2020 2:49 PM CDT
Herman Cain, Maskless at Tulsa Rally, Hospitalized
Former presidential candidate has tested positive for the coronavirus
- Two-time GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain, who was photographed without a face mask at President Trump's rally in Tulsa last month, has entered a hospital to be treated for the coronavirus. Cain, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, tested positive Monday, CNBC reports. He "developed symptoms serious enough...
Herman Cain Out
of Running for Fed
Apr 22, 2019 12:29 PM CDT
After Controversy, Herman Cain Out of Running for Fed
2012 presidential candidate withdraws his name from consideration
- Well, never mind: Herman Cain has withdrawn himself from consideration for the Federal Reserve Board. "My friend Herman Cain, a truly wonderful man, has asked me not to nominate him for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board," Trump tweeted Monday. "I will respect his wishes. Herman...
Apr 12, 2019 12:21 AM CDT
Cain Nomination Appears Doomed
4 GOP senators don't want him on Fed board
- Herman Cain now appears highly unlikely to be raised to the Federal Reserve's board of governors. Administration officials say the former Godfather's Pizza CEO is still President Trump's preferred candidate, but four Republican senators have now spoken out against the potential nomination , the
Name of Next Fed Pick
Will Likely Ring a Bell
Apr 4, 2019 1:48 PM CDT
Name of Next Fed Pick Will Likely Ring a Bell
President will reportedly nominate Herman Cain, former presidential candidate
- President Trump is apparently intent on putting another friendly face on the Fed. Both Bloomberg and Axios report that Trump will pick Herman Cain , the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza who ran for president in 2012. Axios says Trump is holding off on announcing the move until a background...
Herman Cain Joins Fox News
Feb 15, 2013 2:25 PM CST
Herman Cain Joins Fox News
Network also added Scott Brown recently
- Well, Fox News needed to fill the void left by Sarah Palin's absence ... so the network hired Herman Cain as a contributor, it announced today. Cain, the former president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, will also contribute to the Fox Business Network. He says he's looking forward...
Jan 25, 2013 9:51 AM CST
Saxby Chambliss Won't Seek Re-election
Republican decides to avoid potential 2014 primary challenge
- Saxby Chambliss will announce today that he doesn't intend to run for re-election when his Senate term ends in 2014, sources tell the
. Chambliss reportedly told his senior staff about the decision this morning. Chambliss was considered one of the Republicans most ripe for a primary challenge...
Oct 24, 2012 1:58 PM CDT
Coming Soon: Tell-All From Herman Cain's Lover
Ginger White is writing a book
- Have you been missing Herman Cain since he left the presidential race? Then we've got good news for you: Ginger White, one of Cain's ex-mistresses, is writing a tell-all, Salon reports. She hopes it will spur Cain to "be a little more honest with his wife, because...
Mag Posts 'Conservative
Version' of History
Sep 22, 2012 4:43 PM CDT
Mag Posts 'Conservative Version' of History
'The New Yorker' assembles history using quotes from conservatives
- A "liberal version" of history might also make for good reading, but the
has beaten conservatives to the punch by posting "A Conservative History of the United States." Here are a few key moments, each inspired by a rather inventive quotation:
Web TV Network
Jul 4, 2012 8:08 AM CDT
Herman Cain Launches Unusual Web TV Network
Comes complete with a dancing man named Kivi
- Herman Cain has an Independence Day gift for America: his own web TV network. Chock-full of "real American" political videos, CainTV.com's programming ranges from animated features to documentaries, Reuters reports. "They think we are stupid," the former candidate says in one clip, "Give a...
Gets His Own
Jun 4, 2012 2:08 PM CDT
Herman Cain Gets His Own Radio Show
Libertarian host Neal Boortz gives up his seat after 20 years
- Herman Cain may not be a professional has-been after all. The former pizza entrepreneur, talk show host, and GOP presidential candidate is returning to the airwaves on Atlanta's News-Talk WSB radio, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. The man with the "9-9-9" tax plan will take over from libertarian-leaning...
It's Time for the
May 14, 2012 12:33 PM CDT
It's Time for the Gold Standard
It will strip establishment of power: Herman Cain
- Call for a return to the gold standard, and “the Washington establishment goes ballistic,” writes Herman Cain in the
Wall Street Journal
. “Gold is kryptonite to big-spending politicians,” because a return to the gold standard would mean the government could no longer manipulate the economy, Cain...
Apr 12, 2012 12:52 PM CDT
Behold: Herman Cain's Weirdest Ad Yet
Apparently the government is like chickens pecking you to death
- Herman Cain has released another stunningly weird ad, the latest in a message campaign characterized by bizarre metaphors and a girl creepily asking if we've got any questions. But this one might take the cake. In it, a mild-mannered farmer is attacked and viciously pecked to death by a...
Herman Cain Ad
Mar 28, 2012 8:46 AM CDT
Kimmel Debuts Awesome New Herman Cain Ad
'You're getting humped by the government. Any questions?'
- Like the rest of us, Jimmy Kimmel was amused by Herman Cain's bizarre new ad involving a guy shooting a rabbit, and the one before that in which a goldfish meets its untimely demise. "It's all part of his 'Fix the Economy or I'll Kill...
Out of Cannon,
Mar 26, 2012 11:53 AM CDT
Cain Ad Blows Bunny Out of Cannon, Shoots It
Yep, Herman is still around
- Former presidential contender Herman Cain is still making ads, and the latest ones are weird—to say the least. In the video released today—which
calls "crazy"—a rabbit is launched out of a cannon and then shot in mid-air as a little girl says, "...
Mar 13, 2012 2:44 PM CDT
How Palin Destroyed US Politics
Richard Cohen: Now, ignorance is a virtue
is aptly titled: Sarah Palin did indeed change American politics, and not for the better, writes Richard Cohen in the
. Palin aides have confirmed the accuracy of the film's portrayal of an "ignoramus" who was "determinately incurious"; this year's "...
Jan 29, 2012 5:22 AM CST
Herman Cain Endorses Gingrich
Newt says 9-9-9 plan should be 'part of national conversation'
- Tea Party darling and onetime presidential frontrunner Herman Cain "officially and enthusiastically" endorsed Newt Gingrich for president last night, saying, “Speaker Gingrich is a patriot. Speaker Gingrich is not afraid of bold ideas." Gingrich in turn thanked Cain, praised his 9-9-9 tax plan —or at least...
Divided GOP Split
on State of Union
Jan 25, 2012 3:46 AM CST
Divided GOP Split on State of Union
Establishment, Tea Party, libertarians all negative in different ways
- With the Republican Party so divided, it's no surprise that its response to President Obama's State of the Union address would also be divided, notes the
. In addition to an official response by Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels and a Tea Party response by Herman Cain, Mitt...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.