Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Bruno Mars Takes 6 for 6 at Grammys
Jay-Z had 8 nominations, no wins
- Bruno Mars owned the Grammys with his R&B-inspired album "24K Magic," winning all six awards he was nominated for at a show where hip-hop was expected to have a historical night. Jay-Z, the leading nominee with eight, walked away empty handed Sunday—a year after his wife...
Avril Lavigne Is the Most Dangerous Person Online
Bruno Mars is pretty perilous, too
- One-time pop-punk princess Avril Lavigne has beaten superstar Beyonce at something, but she may not be totally happy with her victory—she's been named the most dangerous celebrity on the internet. Cybersecurity firm McAfee said Tuesday that Lavigne, whose last album came out in 2013, was the celebrity most...
Bruno Mars Donates $1M to Victims of Flint Water Crisis
The pop singer redirected funds from his Auburn Hills show
- Bruno Mars said Saturday he is donating $1 million from his Michigan concert to aid those affected by the Flint water crisis, the AP reports. The Grammy-winning star told the audience at his show in Auburn Hills, about 30 miles from Detroit, that he and tour promoter Live Nation are...
7 Celebs Who Changed Their Names
Demetria Guynes? Who's that?
- Sometimes you're born with a name that seems destined for bright lights ... and sometimes you're just not. ETOnline rounds up celebrities who changed their birth names:
Born Joaquin Rafael Bottom, his parents changed the family's last name after leaving the "Children of God" religion
Also Rocking Super Bowl: Chili Peppers
They'll join Bruno Mars for halftime show
- Bruno Mars will have help from the Red Hot Chili Peppers when he performs at the Super Bowl next month. Mars announced today that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will join him as part of his halftime show. Super Bowl halftime performers often have collaborators; last year, Beyonce...
Billboard's No. 1 Artist of the Year Is ...
- Miley Cyrus twerked her way to the top of the charts, and Justin Timberlake returned to music after a seven-year hiatus, but another artist owned music in 2013: Bruno Mars.
announced today that the pop crooner is the year's top overall artist. The singer's year included a...
Super Bowl Halftime Act: Bruno Mars
NFL announces singer will headline this year's big game
- Grammy-winner Bruno Mars will perform at halftime of the Super Bowl. The NFL made the announcement ahead of the kickoff of games today, with Mars joined by FOX co-host Terry Bradshaw and analyst Michael Strahan in Times Square. The league's championship game will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife...
Aneurysm Kills Bruno Mars' Mom
Bernadette Hernandez was 55
- The 55-year-old mother of pop star Bruno Mars died suddenly yesterday of a brain aneurysm, a publicist for his Atlantic Records label tells the AP . Bernadette Hernandez died at Queens Medical Center in Honolulu. She was a singer and hula dancer who immigrated from the Philippines, and was credited as...
Rips Pitt's 'Inunderstandable' Chanel Ad
Taran Killam just starts making words up
- Brad Pitt's ridiculous-yet-mystifying turn as Chanel pitchman made it all the way onto
Saturday Night Live
last night, with Taran Killam lampooning the A-list actor. "I'm sorry, is there really no script?," Killam asks in the first of a series of four spots. "Cause...
Paris Hilton Drug Prosecutor Nabbed for Crack
David Schubert caught buying coke on Vegas street: police
- A top Las Vegas drug prosecutor is getting a view from the other side: He's been arrested for allegedly buying crack cocaine, the
Las Vegas Review-Journal
reports. David Schubert, who has prosecuted the likes of Paris Hilton and Bruno Mars, was spotted buying the drug from a street dealer on...
Popular on Newser
Trump Cuts 60 Minutes Interview Short, Calls It 'FAKE'
Family, Friends of Woman Killed by Falling Tree Will Get $28M
Outbreak Spares No Resident at Kansas Nursing Home
NYT : Trump Has Previously Undisclosed Chinese Account
Giuliani Appears to Touch Himself in Borat Scene
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.