Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Navy Says Pilot Was Killed in Death Valley Fighter Crash
Identity is being withheld for a day
- The pilot of a Navy jet fighter that crashed in Death Valley National Park was killed, the military said Thursday, per the AP . The identity of the pilot will be withheld until 24 hours after notification of next of kin in accordance with Defense Department policy, the Navy said in...
7 Park Visitors Hurt in Fighter Jet Crash
Witnesses say Super Hornet slammed into canyon wall
- The crash of a US Navy fighter jet Wednesday in Death Valley National Park injured seven people who were at a scenic overlook where aviation enthusiasts watch military pilots speeding low through a chasm dubbed Star Wars Canyon, officials said. Ambulances were sent to the crash site near Father Crowley...
2 Aviators Killed in Navy Jet Crash
'In the air, I saw fire,' witness says
- Two aviators were killed Wednesday afternoon when a Navy fighter jet crashed near the Naval Air Station Key West. The AP reports that the F/A-18 Super Hornet was on approach to land when it crashed into the water about a mile east of the runway. The pilot and the weapons...
Two Killed in California Navy Jet Crash
$50M Hornet disintegrates into smoldering debris in Fresno field
- Two service members were killed yesterday when a fighter jet crashed into a field in central California during a training exercise. The F/A-18F Super Hornet went down a half mile from the Naval Air Station outside of Fresno. Witnesses said the $50 million aircraft disintegrated into "smoldering debris,"...
Popular on Newser
We Know How That Utah Monolith Disappeared
Hunter Shot What He Thought Was a Deer. He Was Wrong
Reports: Mom Kept Son Locked Up for Nearly 30 Years
'Sketchy Andy': I Tore Down the Monolith
Baby Waiting to Be Born for 28 Years Is Finally Here
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.