Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Scientists Can Now Control Mouse Minds With Magnets
And that could have huge implications for humans
- Scientists at the University of Virginia were able to control the brains of living mice using magnetic fields, essentially harnessing the power of mind control, according to a study published this week in
. Researchers created a synthetic gene—dubbed Magneto, obviously—that is sensitive to magnetic fields and...
Meet the Robot You Control With Your Mind
Paralyzed people could soon have robot avatars
- It sounds like an idea out of science fiction: Paralyzed people using mind-controlled robot bodies to interact with the world. But a team of Swiss scientists yesterday demonstrated a robot that could do just that. They tapped into the brain of partial quadriplegic Mark-Andre Duc, who was in a hospital...
Scientists Develop Wireless Mind Control Device
Soon there won't be wires in the way of your brainwashing
- You're one step closer to having your movement and sexual arousal controlled by somebody else, but the huge, obtrusive helmet you'd have to wear would probably tip you off. A scientist at MIT has developed a method for wireless mind control in mice, reports
. The helmet triggers...
Popular on Newser
Pastor to Trump: 'the Lord' Told Me Who Will Win
Feds to Execute a Woman for First Time Since 1953
How 'Mayor Pete' Became 'Slayer Pete'
At Trump Rally, Cries of 'Lock Her Up' Not About Clinton
Dr. Fauci Broaches the Subject on Everyone's Mind
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.