Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Nov 5, 2011 5:27 PM CDT
Andy Rooney: Our 'Lovably Cantankerous Commentator'
Even if he did get mean at times
- If Andy Rooney is in the "great beyond," he's probably picking a few bones about "all that harp-playing" and "the long line at the Pearly Gates," Frazier Moore muses for the AP . And why not? It was Rooney's unmistakable style during a 92-year-life...
Dead at 92
Nov 5, 2011 6:43 AM CDT
Andy Rooney Dead at 92
60 Minutes commentator delivered final essay last month
- Andy Rooney, the curmudgeonly commentator who spent more than 30 years wryly talking about the oddities of life for
, died last night at age 92. Just a month ago, Rooney delivered his last regular essay on the CBS newsmagazine. The network said he died in New York from...
Andy Rooney Hospitalized
in Serious Condition
Oct 25, 2011 6:51 PM CDT
Andy Rooney Hospitalized in Serious Condition
Former '60 Minutes' host in serious condition after surgery
- Andy Rooney, who delivered his last essay on "60 Minutes" 3 weeks ago, was in the hospital today after developing serious complications following minor surgery. CBS said the 92-year-old writer's condition was stable and, at the request of his family, offered no other information about his medical problems...
Signs Off With
Oct 3, 2011 5:44 AM CDT
Andy Rooney Signs Off With One Last Complaint
Rooney finishes '60 Minutes' career with thanks ... mostly
- Andy Rooney delivered his 1,097th and final
essay last night, ending a 33-year relationship with the TV newsmagazine. "Not many people in this world have been as lucky as I've been," he said. "I've done a lot of complaining here, but...
Sep 28, 2011 11:53 AM CDT
We'll Miss You, Andy Rooney
'60 Minutes' icon deserves his icon status: Matt Zoller Seitz
- Andy Rooney is signing off
this Sunday, and Salon critic Matt Zoller Seitz is sorry to see him go. "Granted, the perception of the CBS pundit as a gasbag who overstayed his welcome isn't unearned," writes Seitz. But Rooney is perhaps "one of the...
Sep 27, 2011 4:32 PM CDT
Andy Rooney Ending Role on
92-year-old has been contributor since 1978
- Curmudgeon wanted: Andy Rooney is calling it quits from
, says CBS . The 92-year-old will announce the move at the end of this Sunday's essay, which the network notes will be No. 1,097 since 1978. Though a network fixture, Rooney has run into repeated criticism that he'...
Popular on Newser
2 Planes Flew in From South Africa. 61 People Had COVID
Dump These Antiperspirant Sprays ASAP If You Have Them
California Demographics Shift, Thanks to 'Inland Empire'
New Variant Found in More Countries
The Quest for Fair Skin Leads to 'Serious Adverse Effects'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.