Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Draconid meteor shower
Lights Up Sky Tonight
Oct 8, 2015 6:30 AM CDT
Draconid Shower Lights Up Sky Tonight
24 meteors per hour expected at peak time
- Anyone hoping to get a good look at this year's Draconid meteor shower should tune their eyes to the sky Thursday night. Though meteors should be visible in some parts of the Northern Hemisphere—including the US, Canada, Europe, and northern Asia, per
—on Thursday and Friday...
Get Set for
Oct 7, 2013 5:23 AM CDT
Get Set for Meteor Shower This Evening
Waxing moon makes this a good year for Draconids
- If you're a fan of skygazing—but not early mornings—you could be in for a treat tonight. The annual Draconid meteor shower will be at its peak and while it doesn't tend to be the most spectacular event of its kind, it is unusual because it is...
Oct 6, 2011 5:05 PM CDT
Weekend Meteor Shower Could Be Meteor
But timing is lousy for North America on Saturday
- It's like a space tease: The normally tame Draconid meteor shower is expected to be unusually intense on Saturday, but viewers in North America look to be largely out of luck. As of now, the shower is expected to peak in daylight hours from 3 to 5pm ET, though...
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
Hate Mail Flooded In After Golfer's Greatest Moment
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.