Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Driver, 13 Fans Hurt in IndyCar Smash
Dario Franchitti in Houston hospital
- Three-time Indy 500 winner Dario Franchitti is in the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after a shocking multicar crash at yesterday's Houston Grand Prix. The Scotsman suffered a concussion, a spinal fracture that will not require surgery, and a fractured right ankle in the crash that also left 13 fans...
IndyCar CEO Had Promised More 'Carnage'
IndyCar had purposely been upping danger to add excitement
- In a June interview that seems eerily prescient in light of Dan Wheldon’s death , IndyCar Chief Executive Randy Bernard promised more “carnage and wrecks” in the upcoming races. IndyCar, struggling to compete with the more popular NASCAR, was attempting to make its races more exciting by increasing the...
On Final Night, Wheldon, Wife Got His-and-Her Tattoos
'He was just a fun, fun guy,' friend says
- Dan Wheldon spent the final evening of his life doing something you might expect in Las Vegas: getting his-and-her tattoos with wife Susie, reports the
Las Vegas Review-Journal .
The couple had "DW" and "SW" tattooed on their wrists at Huntington Ink inside the Palms around 10pm last night,...
Wheldon Scored Big Deal Hours Before Death
Plus, drivers worried about safety before fatal race
- Hours before he was killed in a 15-car pileup , Indy 500 champion Dan Wheldon had signed a major, multiyear racing team deal. Wheldon had scored the spot Danica Patrick is vacating, behind the wheel of Andretti Autosport's car No. 7, ESPN reports. He had been part of the team'...
Indy Winner Dan Wheldon Killed in Vegas Crash
Drivers had expressed fears about track, super-fast speeds
- Two-time Indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon died yesterday in a horrific 15-car crash in Las Vegas. The fiery accident, which sent three other drivers to the hospital, occurred just days after the 33-year-old British father of two and others expressed fears about crowded conditions and super-fast speeds of up to...
Popular on Newser
Fistfights Break Out at Bloody Trump Rally
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Mark Meadows Makes Startling COVID Comment
Felicity Huffman Has Paid Full Debt to Society
Harry Reid: If Dems Win, Give GOP 'No More Than 3 Weeks'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.