Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,715,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
'Eye-Popping and Sickening': Massive Child Porn Site Busted
337 users arrested in 38 countries, founder is already in prison
- A massive child porn site was shut down last year in a bust by US and Korean authorities first revealed Wednesday. Authorities say the Darknet market "Welcome to Video" contained more than 250,000 unique videos, 45% of which contained images previously unknown to authorities, and was run by...
'One of the Finest' at Cambridge Revealed as 'Warped, Sadistic'
Matthew Falder's arrest, sentencing hailed as 'watershed moment' in Britain
- "It's a bit of a watershed moment ... for policing," says a member of Britain's National Crime Agency. An investigation that started in August 2013 and involved as many as 100 investigators across the UK, the US Department of Homeland Security, Europol, and the Australian Federal Police...
Cops Secretly Seized Darknet Drug Market, Then Ran It
Expert calls move 'psychological warfare'
- The shadowy world of online drug marketplaces has been left reeling from a one-two punch by authorities: AlphaBay and Hansa Market, two of the biggest darknet drug markets, have been shut down and their operators arrested. After AlphaBay, the biggest site of its kind, users headed to Hansa, unaware that...
What to Expect in 'Dread Pirate Roberts' Trial
Silk Road jurors will hear about murder plots, libertarianism
- The trial of alleged Silk Road drug market mastermind Ross Ulbricht begins soon, and it's expected to shine a spotlight on some of the darkest corners of the Internet. Jury selection begins tomorrow for the New York City trial of the 30-year-old, who prosecutors say was the shadowy "...
Anonymous Vigilantes Attack Child Porn Sites
Hackers shut down sites, reveal member information
- It turns out that the hacker collective Anonymous can do more than just mess with the New York Stock Exchange and protest San Francisco public transit —since the beginning of the month, about a half dozen of its members have been busy infiltrating Lolita City, one of the worst...
Popular on Newser
Wolverine Sighting Almost Too Rare to Be Believed
Trump's Order Could Upend 26 Key Words
Falwell Says There's Only One Mask He's Going to Wear
Coach in Hot Water Over Posts About Minneapolis Death
Increasingly, the Word 'Airborne' Is Being Used for Coronavirus
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.