Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Lawmaker Forever Linked to 'Freedom Fries' Is Dead
Rep. Walter Jones came to regret his vote in favor of the invasion of Iraq
- It's not the legacy Rep. Walter Jones would have wanted. But coverage of the longtime North Carolina congressman's death on Sunday is reminding the world that he helped make "freedom fries" a thing. Back in 2003, Jones received a letter from a constituent who owned a diner...
He Voted for Iraq War, Has Now Written 11K Fallen Troops' Families
'It's a sacred responsibility that I have to communicate my condolences to a family'
- On a Sunday morning more than two weeks after four US soldiers were ambushed and killed in Niger, Rep. Walter Jones sat at the desk in his North Carolina office, doing what he's done more than 11,000 times in 14 years: signing letters to families of the dead...
4 Members of Congress Who Buck Their Party the Most
Susan Collins, Joe Manchin lead in the Senate
- Which members of Congress are most likely to vote against their own party majority? The
rounds up the leaders with data from GovTrack. Here are the top Republicans and Democrats this year in the House and Senate:
Collin Peterson of Minnesota, who does so 30% of
NC Rep's Name for China: 'Uncle Chang'
Walter Jones not exactly PC in House hearing
- Rep. Walter Jones is really not happy that China is helping the US pay for military operations in Afghanistan, and he apparently let his emotions get the better of him yesterday at a House Armed Services Committee hearing with the top US commander in Afghanistan. Jones asked Gen. John Allen...
Popular on Newser
Site Co-Founder Quits, Saying Biden Article Was Censored
NHL Team Drops Prospect Over His Actions as a Teen
He Was Waiting for a Bus in NYC. Then, a Horrifying Plunge
Paralyzed 11 Seconds Into His First Game, He Became an 'Inspiration'
Kanye's Birthday Gift to Kim: a 'Special Surprise From Heaven'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.