Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
in DEA Cell Gets
Jul 31, 2013 1:10 AM CDT
Student Forgotten in DEA Cell Gets $4.1M Payout
He nearly died during 5 days with no food, water
- A UC San Diego student has been awarded a settlement that amounts to $820,000 for each of the hellish five days he spent forgotten in a DEA interrogation room with no food, water, or toilet facilities . The Department of Justice approved the $4.1 settlement with Daniel Chong, whose...
in DEA Cell
May 3, 2012 10:43 AM CDT
Student Forgotten in DEA Cell Wants $20M
Daniel Chong's treatment 'torture,' lawyers say
- The five days Daniel Chong spent, forgotten and with no access to food or water , in a DEA cell "constitute torture," his lawyers say in a claim filed yesterday. Chong seeks up to $20 million in compensation for the incident, the
San Diego Union-Tribune
reports. "The deprivation...
Student Left in
DEA Cell: I Had to
Drink Own Urine
May 2, 2012 11:14 AM CDT
Student Left in DEA Cell: I Had to Drink Own Urine
Daniel Chong recounts horrifying DEA experience
- A UC San Diego student who was left, apparently forgotten, in a 5'x10' Drug Enforcement Agency cell for five days says he had to drink his own urine to survive. Daniel Chong, 23, was at a friend's house to celebrate 4/20 when DEA agents raided the residence and...
Popular on Newser
Freak Wave Slams Cruise Ship, Claims Life of Passenger
Green Book Actor Found Dead on Bronx Street
Prosecutors Whip Out Surprise Document in Trump Org Trial
She Vanished From Her Home. A FedEx Driver Has Been Arrested
Pentagon Intros Secret New Bomber: 'Won't Really See It'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.