Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NJ Guy Busted With
$20K in Toll Violations
Nov 20, 2016 12:47 PM CST
NJ Guy Busted With $20K in Toll Violations
More than 300 of them
- Authorities say a New Jersey man was arrested after racking up over 300 toll violations and failing to pay more than $20,000 in tolls and fees. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said in a statement that James Clicerio, of Old Bridge, NJ, was arrested on...
Golden Gate Bridge
Feb 22, 2013 1:30 PM CST
Golden Gate Bridge Losing Human Toll-Takers
Cash will no longer be accepted at end of March
- The Golden Gate Bridge is going to feel a little less human starting late next month. The bridge is shifting to an all-electronic toll system, which means the elimination of 32 toll-taker positions, reports the
San Jose Mercury News
. Drivers who currently pay cash are being encouraged to join the...
Toll Booth Worker
Skims $7,500: Cops
May 25, 2012 1:40 PM CDT
Toll Booth Worker Skims $7,500: Cops
Kicker: It was during his probationary period
- Toll booth workers can make a decent living, but maybe not
decent. A temporary bridge and tunnel officer at a Staten Island bridge allegedly skimmed $7,500 from tolls paid by drivers, reports the
Staten Island Advance
. Between January and March, Richard Betancourt, 22, took the $13 toll from...
Popular on Newser
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
Zelensky Suggests New Talks, on One Condition
Virginia Republicans Take Barnes & Noble to Court
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.