Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
by Putin Acting
Nov 11, 2014 9:30 AM CST
Chinese Miffed by Putin Acting Like Gentleman
Russian president wraps shawl around China's first lady, a no-no
- It was a warm gesture on a chilly night when Vladimir Putin wrapped a shawl around the wife of Chinese President Xi Jinping while he chatted with Barack Obama at an event linked to this week's Asia-Pacific summit. The only problem: Putin came off looking gallant, the Chinese summit...
Pilot Missing After
US Jets Crash
Sep 12, 2014 7:33 AM CDT
Pilot Missing After US Jets Crash
One pilot 'rapidly located,' receiving treatment on USS Carl Vinson
- Two US fighter jets crashed into the western Pacific Ocean this morning, and though the US Navy says one pilot was "rapidly located," the other is still missing. The two F/A-18 Hornets of Strike Fighter Squadrons 94 and 113 were assigned to the USS Carl Vinson, which is...
In Asia, 1 in 4 Men
Have Committed Rape
Sep 10, 2013 9:27 AM CDT
In Asia, 1 in 4 Men Have Committed Rape
UN points to sexual entitlement, abuse as factors in 'ground-breaking' study
- India rape cases may be making headlines, but they're only the tip of the iceberg, according to an "unprecedented and ground-breaking" UN study . The anonymous survey of 10,000 men and 3,000 women in Bangladesh, China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, and Sri Lanka—home to...
NYE Brings Big First in Burma
Dec 31, 2012 6:27 AM CST
NYE Brings Big First in Burma
No fiscal cliff worries in Asia-Pacific...
- The looming fiscal cliff is putting a bit of a damper on New Year's Eve celebrations in the US, but not so in Asia, where many of the first countries to welcome the new year are enjoying buoyant economies and are planning huge celebrations. A sampling, per the AP...
US Wants More
Radars in Asia
Aug 23, 2012 11:06 AM CDT
US Wants More Early-Warning Radars in Asia
North Korea is focus, but concern exists about China
- As the US looks to shift its military resources away from the Middle East and toward the Asia-Pacific region, it's planning an expansion of missile defenses that could cover large portions of Asia. One of the big pieces is the X-Band, an early-warning radar that the Pentagon would like...
Asia-Pacific Strategy Isn't
Threat to China
Jun 2, 2012 12:03 PM CDT
Panetta: Asia-Pacific Strategy Isn't Threat to China
US will have 60% of fleet there by 2020
- Defense chief Leon Panetta said today that America's new military focus on the Asia-Pacific region is not intended to threaten Beijing. Panetta appeared to offer an olive branch to the communist power, saying the often feuding rivals must learn to work better together. "We both understand the differences...
Popular on Newser
Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Hire Divorce Attorneys
Brad Pitt Fires Back at Angelina Jolie
Herschel Walker's Abortion Story Was No Secret
Family 'Destroyed' After Tragedy During College Parents Weekend
It's Canned Water. And It's Nearly a Unicorn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.