Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Spying on State Networks
Jan 15, 2013 4:03 PM CST
Stuxnet-Level Malware Spying on State Networks
Russian sites hit hardest by 'Red October' in recent years, says Kaspersky Labs
- A highly sophisticated network of hackers has been spying on hundreds of diplomatic computers around the world unnoticed for about five years, reports the Christian Science Monitor . The "Red October" malware being used is on par with the notorious Stuxnet and Flame viruses, but this time criminals—as opposed...
New 'Flame' Virus Found;
EU Boosts Iran Sanctions
Oct 15, 2012 6:52 PM CDT
New 'Flame' Virus Found; EU Boosts Iran Sanctions
'Mini-flame' could steal data, control systems: experts
- Cyber-security experts have spotted a small but precise "mini-virus" riding on the heels of Flame, the espionage tool designed by Israel and the US to undermine Iran's nuclear facilities , reports YNet News . Dubbed "mini-Flame," the new virus appears "designed to steal data and control infected...
Aug 10, 2012 8:53 AM CDT
Flame-Linked Malware Hits Lebanon
Gauss spyware nabs bank credentials, may attack infrastructure
- Looks like the people who created Flame are at it again. New malware has struck at least 2,500 computers in 25 countries, the lion's share in Lebanon,
reports, noting that "the discovery appears to add to the steadily growing arsenal of malware created by the US...
Jun 21, 2012 2:36 PM CDT
Iran Reports 'Massive Cyber Attack'
Tehran says it detected strike in time
- Iran says it sniffed out and prevented a fresh "massive cyber attack" against its nuclear facilities—and it's not being shy about who it suspects is behind it. "Based on obtained information, America and the Zionist regime along with the MI6 planned an operation to launch a...
US, Israel Developed Flame
to Burn Iran Nuke Efforts
Jun 20, 2012 7:50 AM CDT
US, Israel Developed Flame to Burn Iran Nuke Efforts
Nations joined forces on virus, Stuxnet cyber attacks: sources
- Surprise, surprise. The US and Israel together devised the malevolent Flame computer virus to snarl Iran's efforts to develop nuclear weaponry, reports the
. The massive malware has been monitoring Iran's computer networks and sending back a stream of intelligence to aid the Stuxnet-linked malfunctions in Iran'...
Link Flame, Stuxnet
Jun 12, 2012 12:52 PM CDT
Cybersleuths Link Flame, Stuxnet
Kaspersky finding suggests two viruses originated in US or Israel
- Cybersecurity researchers said yesterday that they'd found a link between the infrastructure-wrecking cyberweapon known as Stuxnet and the recently-discovered Flame virus—possibly offering a new clue about the latter's origins. Kaspersky Labs expert Alexander Gostev said in a blog post that his company had identified a similarity between...
Popular on Newser
CNN Fires Chris Cuomo, Citing New Information
Diabetics' Quest for This 7% Target 'Could Kill Them'
School Faces Questions, Possibly Suits Over Shooting
Shellshocked Docs Call Bomb Squad for Man With Ordnance in Rectum
Mother Chases Down Leopard To Rescue Son
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.