Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Church Housing Liberty Bell Gutted by Fire
Middle Collegiate Church in New York City burns before dawn
- A historic church in lower Manhattan that houses New York's Liberty Bell and whose congregation dates to the city's earliest days was gutted by a massive fire early Saturday that sent flames shooting through the roof, the AP reports. The Middle Collegiate Church in the East Village burned...
7 Famous Landmarks Once Put Up for Sale
ListVerse's roundup includes 3 in the US
- If you weren't among the 9,000 people who pooled their funds to buy an 800-year-old castle in France, don't fret: Other landmarks will surely come up for sale, just as they've done in the past. Here are seven of the most famous, according to ListVerse :
Behind Liberty Bell Bomb Threat: Ex-ASU Professor?
No explosives found in Carlos Balsas' backpack after alleged threat
- A former Arizona State University professor went to visit the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia Saturday and told security personnel who were examining his backpack, "I have explosives in there," police say. Carlos Balsas then left his backpack there and walked away; he was arrested nearby after a brief...
Popular on Newser
An Elderly Man Died of COVID. His Obit Pulls No Punches
CDC Makes Significant Change to Its Mask Advice
Surfers' Warning: Don't Use a Lock Box
'Con Queen of Hollywood' Suspect Is Arrested
Hawaii Boaters Warned After Ship Loses 1.9K Containers
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.