Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,831,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 21 - 40 |
Nunes Admits Fine Print Shows DOJ Didn't Conceal Info
But panel chair says 'footnote' wasn't enough when it came to surveillance of Carter Page
- There was a lot going on in the House Intelligence Committee memo declassified Friday by President Trump, but a key allegation was that the FBI didn't divulge the partisan leanings of dossier author Christopher Steele during the application process for surveillance on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. The...
New Trump Decision: Whether to Release Democrats' Memo
House intelligence panel votes to release it, but final decision is up to the president
- President Trump has one more big decision to make in regard to "the memo." The House intelligence panel on Monday voted unanimously to make public the Democratic rebuttal to the GOP's memo on the Russia investigation. As with the original memo, the president now has five days...
Democrats Want Vote on Releasing Their Own Memo
GOP expected to release more reports on 'wrongdoing'
- Amid the fallout from the release of the GOP-produced memo on alleged FBI surveillance overreach, House Democrats are pushing for the release of their own memo. Democrats, who are expected to call for a vote in a Monday afternoon meeting of the House Intelligence Committee, say their document will serve...
Gowdy on Memo: Russia Probe Valid With or Without It
Sen. Dick Durbin, meanwhile, says memo could 'precipitate a constitutional crisis'
- The memo released Friday by the House Intelligence Committee that alleges FBI and DOJ overreach has dominated the news cycle this week, and Sunday morning's news shows kept it top of mind, per the
. Some takes from both sides of the aisle:
GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy, who
Trump Tweets About Memo: 'This Is an American Disgrace!'
President claims memo 'totally vindicates' him in Russia probe
- President Trump on Saturday claimed complete vindication from a congressional memo that alleges the FBI abused its surveillance powers during the investigation into his campaign's possible Russia ties, the AP reports. "This memo totally vindicates 'Trump' in probe," the president tweeted from Florida. "But the...
Reax to the 'Memo': 'Headed Down a Dangerous Path'
Trump declassifies Nunes memorandum, frenetic spin on both sides ensues
- Citing "extraordinary" circumstances, the much-anticipated GOP memo on alleged FBI surveillance abuse was given the all-clear Friday by the White House, which declassified the memo without redactions "in light of the significant public interest" in it, per a letter to House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes. At the...
James Comey Slams 'Weasels and Liars'
'All should appreciate the FBI speaking up'
- James Comey says "all should appreciate the FBI speaking up" against "weasels and liars," adding, "I wish more of our leaders would." The defense of the bureau he used to head, before his firing in May, comes as the White House prepares to release a...
Reports: Trump Has Read Memo, Ready to Release
White House reportedly agrees to 'technical edits'
- The saga over whether the White House will or won't release "the memo" may be over on Friday. Multiple reports—including at Fox News , ABC News , and the
—say President Trump has read the document and is set to release it. The White House, however,...
Schiff: Memo Trump Is Reviewing Was 'Secretly Altered'
A rep for Nunes counters the changes were cosmetic
- The debate about whether to release a memo regarding FBI surveillance just took a twist: House Intelligence Committee ranking member Adam Schiff alleges the White House is debating the release of the wrong memo. In a letter sent to committee chair Devin Nunes, Schiff alleges that on Wednesday his staff...
FBI Has 'Grave Concerns' About Classified GOP Memo
But John Kelly says it will be released 'pretty quick'
calls it a "rare and remarkable standoff," and CNN says it's a "striking signal." Two days after House Republicans voted to release a memo regarding FBI surveillance and one day after President Trump was overheard saying he would release it , the FBI...
Trump's Thoughts on GOP Memo Caught on Camera
President overheard supporting release of Devin Nunes-led memo on FBI after State of the Union
- President Trump was overheard Tuesday night telling a GOP lawmaker he's totally in favor of releasing a classified memo on the Russia investigation. "Oh yeah, don't worry," the president told South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan on the House floor after his first State of the Union...
Paul Ryan Has Warning for Fellow Republicans on Memo
Don't overstate its importance, he implores them
- A House panel's decision to release a classified memo critical of the FBI and Justice Department's role in the Russia investigation continued to reverberate on Capitol Hill Tuesday, but Paul Ryan had a warning for his fellow Republicans. Politico reports that in a closed-door meeting, Ryan implored them...
Republican: Secret Memo on FBI Shows the 'Fix Was In'
Trump expected to authorize release of document
- The House Intelligence Committee has voted to release a secret memo criticizing the Justice Department and FBI's handling of the Russia investigation—and President Trump, who has the final call, is expected to release it, despite protests from his own intelligence officials. Sources tell the
GOP Lawmaker on Mueller: 'Leave Him the Hell Alone'
And more from the Sunday morning talk show circuit
- The future of Robert Mueller was the talk of the town on the Sunday morning talk shows, with politicians on both sides of the aisle weighing the need to protect the special counsel following a report Trump tried to fire him in June. "It’s pretty clear to me...
Furor Over Missing FBI Texts, 'Secret Society' Reference
The president calls it 'one of the biggest stories in a long time'
- The texts called Donald Trump a "loathsome human" —but what did the missing texts say? That's what the Justice Department is trying to find out following the weekend revelation that five months' worth of messages between veteran FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page have...
Republicans Probing Alleged DOJ, FBI Corruption: Report
Group has met secretly for weeks to build case: Politico
- President Trump has called the investigations into his campaign's ties to Russia a "witch hunt." This week, Donald Trump Jr. suggested they were part of a "rigged system" of "people at the highest levels of government" working to hurt the president. Some House Republicans apparently...
Hillary Clinton Subject of 2 New GOP Investigations
Lawmakers are looking into uranium sale, private email server
- Hillary Clinton may have lost the presidential election, but she hasn't lost the interest of Republicans.
reports GOP lawmakers on Tuesday announced two new investigations involving Clinton. The House Intelligence and House Oversight committees will be investigating the Obama administration's approval of the purchase by a...
Devin Nunes Steps Aside From House's Russia Inquiry
Republican chair of the intelligence panel recuses himself
- Devin Nunes is removing himself from the House's investigation into possible ties between Russia and President Trump's team, reports Politico . The California Republican chairs the House Intelligence Committee looking into the Russian tampering in the presidential election, but Nunes has been accused of being too close to the...
New Figure in Trump Surveillance Story: Susan Rice
Right and left disagree on how big a deal this is
- Former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice is back in the news again , this time regarding President Trump's wiretapping allegations. On the right, she is being accused of abusing her power while in office to "unmask," for political advantage, the names of Trump associates caught up in...
Trump Tells NBC to Stop Covering 'Phony' Russia Story
Trump left signing ceremony without signing orders
- President Trump had Russia and NBC on his mind Saturday. "When will Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd and @NBCNews start talking about the Obama SURVEILLANCE SCANDAL and stop with the Fake Trump/Russia story," he tweeted . In a follow-up tweet , he slammed the 'Fake News Media for "pushing...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Ben & Jerry's 'Just Put All Corporate Statements to Shame'
Last Pension Tied to Civil War Has Been Paid Out
Fauci Has Good News, Not as Good News on Vaccine
After Post About Looters, Law & Order Writer Out of a Job
In 'Major Upset,' Steve King Is Out
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.