Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Nunes Leaving House
to Work for Trump
Dec 6, 2021 7:00 PM CST
Nunes Leaving House to Work for Trump
Former president hires a defender to run his new social media enterprise
- Rep. Devin Nunes had his eye on the chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee—assuming Republicans win the House next year. Instead, he's resigning from office to become chief executive officer of the Trump Media and Technology Group, per NBC . "Congressman Devin Nunes is a fighter and...
Twitter: Trump's DOJ Tried to
Unmask Nunes Parody Account
May 18, 2021 7:54 AM CDT
Twitter: Trump's DOJ Tried to Unmask Nunes Parody Account
Biden administration has since withdrawn grand-jury subpoena trying to get info on @NunesAlt
- Trump ally Devin Nunes has had a frustrating time in his attempts to find out who's behind various parody accounts that have long been insulting and poking fun of him. Now, a newly unsealed court document reveals that last November after the election, Twitter received a secret grand-jury subpoena...
Feb 10, 2021 1:37 PM CST
Twitter Locks Devin Nunes' Account After Log-In Flub
Social media site says someone who tried to log on to Nunes' account failed anti-spam puzzle
- For a short while this week, Twitter thought Devin Nunes wasn't human—a mistake it has since remedied. The
New York Post
reports that the California congressman or someone on his staff tried to log on to his Twitter account, but the person attempting the sign-in wasn't able...
Trump to Give Prestigious
Honor to 2 Political Allies
Jan 4, 2021 8:52 AM CST
Trump to Give Prestigious Honor to 2 Political Allies
Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan will receive Presidential Medal of Freedom
- President Trump is set to present one of the nation's highest civilian honors to two of his most outspoken congressional allies, California Rep. Devin Nunes and Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, as he looks to reward loyalists with just over two weeks left in his term, per the AP . A...
to Devin Nunes:
Jun 25, 2020 9:40 AM CDT
Parody Cow to Devin Nunes: 'Good Moooos'
Judge rules congressman can't sue Twitter over insulting accounts
- A judge has delivered a blow to California Rep. Devin Nunes in ruling that he can't sue Twitter over insults posted by a fake internet cow . In a Friday decision, Judge John Marshall of Virginia wrote that Twitter was "immune from the defamation claims" under a federal law...
Nunes: If You're Healthy, 'It's
a Great Time to Just Go Out'
Mar 16, 2020 6:19 AM CDT
Nunes: If You're Healthy, 'It's a Great Time to Just Go Out'
California Republican's advice clashed with what health agencies are recommending
- Dining out is no longer an option in California—ditto Ohio and Illinois—but Rep. Devin Nunes, who hails from that state, pushed Americans to do that very thing on Sunday. In a Fox News appearance on
Sunday Morning Futures
, the Republican emphasized the need for Americans to "stop...
Parnas to Top
Jan 18, 2020 9:00 AM CST
New Impeachment Evidence Ties Parnas to Top Nunes Aide
Derek Harvey was in frequent contact with indicted Giuliani associate; Nunes hasn't commented
- If you thought we were done hearing from Lev Parnas , you were wrong. The former associate of Rudy Giuliani has been making the media rounds , accusing President Trump and other big names of being directly involved in the pressure campaign against Ukraine's president to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden—...
in Impeachment Report
Dec 3, 2019 7:05 PM CST
Giuliani's Phone Records Revealed in Impeachment Report
They show he was in frequent contact with Devin Nunes, White House, Lev Parnas
- The new report from Democrats compiling evidence on impeachment revealed contact between President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and California Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the intelligence committee, the AP reports. The report released Tuesday—which, CNN reports, the House Intelligence Committee voted Tuesday night to approve...
Face His Own
Nov 24, 2019 9:31 AM CST
Nunes Could Face His Own Ukraine Investigation
Republican denies meeting with former Ukraine prosecutor for dirt on Biden
- An ethics investigation could await Rep. Devin Nunes after an allegation surfaced that the Republican met with a former Ukranian prosecutor in an attempt to dig up damaging information about Joe Biden. An attorney for Lev Parnas said the ex-prosecutor told Parnas that he met with Nunes in Vienna last...
Now in Spotlight
Nov 23, 2019 6:30 AM CST
Now in Spotlight Over Alleged Meeting With Ukrainian: Devin Nunes
Lawyer: Giuliani associate Lev Parnas will testify to Congress on alleged Nunes' meet with Shokin
- The lawyer for a Soviet-born businessman and associate of Rudy Giuliani who was arrested last month on campaign finance charges says his client will comply with a subpoena to talk to Congress about an alleged meeting one of its own had in in late 2018 in an attempt to dig...
Fox Hosts Advised Against It.
Trump Weighs In Anyway
Nov 19, 2019 7:15 PM CST
Fox Hosts Advised Against It. Trump Weighs In Anyway
It's a big day on Capitol Hill for the proceedings
- President Trump on Tuesday weighed in on the resumption of impeachment hearings, though two Fox News hosts had advised him to refrain. "What is going on is a disgrace and it’s an embarrassment to our nation,” Trump told reporters, per the Hill . His Twitter feed also filled...
Nov 19, 2019 10:40 AM CST
Vindman Reminds Nunes of His Rank
Also, Army may move him and family to military base for protection
- The Army is looking into the possibility of moving impeachment witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and his family onto a military base to make sure they're safe, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The Ukraine native, who's testifying Tuesday, has been the subject of much online vilification from supporters...
In Real Time, Trump Tweet
Is Focal Point in Testimony
Nov 15, 2019 2:48 PM CST
In Real Time, Trump Tweet Is Focal Point in Testimony
President slams ex-ambassador Yovanovitch Friday, and she is asked to respond
- Day two of the public impeachment hearings featured an oddity. Marie Yovanovitch , the former US ambassador to Ukraine, was asked to respond in real time to a Friday morning tweet from Trump in which he criticized her. Details and coverage:
"Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad," he
GOP 'No' on
Nov 10, 2019 10:45 AM CST
Schiff Tells GOP 'No' on Whisteblower Testimony
Evidence makes that 'redundant,' Democratic chairman says
- House Republicans submitted the names of people on Saturday they want to call as witnesses in the impeachment inquiry. The whistleblower was on the list. Democrat Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, has answered that there's no point, because evidence and testimony have more than confirmed the...
Sep 26, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
Intel Chief Backs Whistleblower's Actions
Joseph Maguire testifies before Congress
- President Trump has questioned the patriotism of the intelligence official who filed a whistleblower complaint against him, but the acting director of national intelligence feels otherwise. "I think the whistleblower did the right thing," Joseph Maguire said Thursday during testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, per Reuters . "...
Was Bugged by
a Parody Cow.
Now It's Worse
Mar 21, 2019 6:57 AM CDT
Devin Nunes Was Bugged by a Parody Cow. Now It's Worse
@DevinCow has more followers than the California rep does
- Devin Nunes' Cow might have had only 1,200 followers as of Monday, but GOP Rep. Devin Nunes had tired of the insults it had been dishing out since August 2017. So he sued it, Twitter, and a couple of other accounts for $250 million on Monday , claiming Twitter...
Sues Twitter for $250M
Mar 19, 2019 3:02 AM CDT
Insulted Congressman Sues Twitter for $250M
Rep. Devin Nunes says site is biased against conservatives
- Republican Rep. Devin Nunes is tired of being insulted by Twitter accounts like Devin Nunes' Cow , which calls him a "lil' treasonous cowpoke," and the now-suspended Devin Nunes' Mom . In a $250 million lawsuit against the website and some of its users, including the "Cow" and "...
Farm Is Actually
Oct 1, 2018 9:35 AM CDT
Devin Nunes' California Dairy Farm Is Actually in Iowa
'Esquire' digs in, finds a lot of paranoia related to undocumented immigrants
- One fact seems to emerge in every profile of Devin Nunes, the powerful GOP chair of the House Intelligence Committee and one of President Trump's staunchest defenders: As the familiar story goes, Nunes' family runs a dairy farm in California, and that farming background is central to his very...
Nunes Talks About Protecting
Trump on Leaked Audio
Aug 9, 2018 7:29 AM CDT
Nunes Talks About Protecting Trump on Leaked Audio
Rachel Maddow aired portions of the recordings, made at a closed-door fundraiser
- "If Sessions won't unrecuse and Mueller won't clear the president, we're the only ones. Which is really the danger." That was just some of what House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes said in audio recorded at a private July 30 fundraiser in Spokane, Wash., and...
on Russia: 'No
Apr 27, 2018 10:09 AM CDT
House Panel on Russia: 'No Evidence' Trump Campaign Colluded
But Dems say probe into Russian election interference was sloppy, wrapped up too quickly
- House Intelligence Committee Republicans have released their final findings on Russian interference in the 2016 US election, ending a yearlong probe, per the
. The heavily redacted 253-page report puts President Trump and his cohorts generally in the clear, noting the panel found "no evidence that the Trump...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Admits Horrific Murder of Classmate, 13
Vendor Serves Up Another 'Insensitive' School Lunch
Musk Is Worried About Himself. So Is His Mom
Western New York Jolted Awake: 'Felt Like a Car Hit My House
Chris Brown Didn't Take His Grammy Loss Well
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.