Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
North Korea missile launch
Stories 1 - 20 |
N. Korea Accused of Continuing
Its 'Provocative Streak'
May 7, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
N. Korea Accused of Continuing Its 'Provocative Streak'
South Korea says its neighbor launched ballistic missile on Saturday, likely from submarine
- North Korea flight-tested a ballistic missile that was likely fired from a submarine on Saturday, South Korea's military said, continuing a provocative streak in weapons demonstrations that may culminate with a nuclear test in the coming weeks or months. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said the launch...
With Tensions Rising, a New
Strike From North Korea
May 4, 2022 7:20 AM CDT
With Tensions Rising, a New Strike From North Korea
S. Korean, Japanese officials say the North fired ballistic missile toward waters off its eastern coast
- North Korea launched a ballistic missile toward its eastern waters on Wednesday, South Korean and Japanese officials said, days after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un vowed to bolster his nuclear arsenal "at the fastest possible pace" and threatened to use them against rivals. The launch, the North's...
S. Korea Says There
Was Something Fishy
About N. Korea Launch
Mar 31, 2022 10:55 AM CDT
S. Korea Says There Was Something Fishy About N. Korea Launch
Officials suspect Pyongyang fired older model of ICBM for propaganda win
- The intercontinental ballistic missile North Korea launched last week flew higher and farther than any of its predecessors, officials say—but not all was as it seemed, according to South Korea's defense ministry. Ministry officials told lawmakers that evidence strongly suggests North Korea fired an older Hwasong-15 missile, which...
Kim: ICBM We Fired Will
Make World Aware of Our Might
Mar 25, 2022 1:15 AM CDT
Kim: ICBM We Fired Will Make World Aware of Our Might
North Korean state media reports on the launch
- North Korea said Friday it test-fired its biggest-yet intercontinental ballistic missile under the orders of leader Kim Jong Un, who vowed to expand the North’s "nuclear war deterrent" while preparing for a "long-standing confrontation" with the US. The report by North Korean state media came a day...
North Korea's Latest Missile
Launch a 'Brazen Violation'
Mar 24, 2022 7:34 AM CDT
North Korea's Latest Missile Launch a 'Brazen Violation'
Nation reportedly fires off banned ICBM, raising alarm about potential to one day reach US mainland
- As President Biden traveled to Europe this week to hunker down with NATO leaders over the continuing crisis in Ukraine, another issue halfway around the globe emerged. According to Japanese and South Korean officials, North Korea on Thursday fired off a banned intercontinental ballistic missile, its first one since 2017,...
Latest North Korean
Launch Appears to
End in Failure
Mar 16, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Latest North Korean Launch Appears to End in Failure
It's not clear what was launched Wednesday morning
- North Korea’s latest weapons launch on Wednesday apparently ended in failure, South Korea’s military said, amid speculation that the North could soon launch its biggest long-range missile in its most significant provocation in years. It wasn’t immediately clear what North Korea launched on Wednesday morning or at...
US Prepares for Test
of North Korean Missile
Mar 10, 2022 6:10 PM CST
US Prepares for Test of North Korean Missile
Next launch of ICBM could be to determine its range
- North Korea is in the middle of testing a new intercontinental ballistic missile, US officials said Thursday, prompting an increase in the readiness level for American missile defense forces in Asia. The tests are being conducted openly this time, officials said, allowing them to prepare for what they expect to...
N. Korea Set to Launch
'a Lot' of Spy Satellites
Mar 10, 2022 9:03 AM CST
N. Korea Set to Launch 'a Lot' of Spy Satellites
Satellite images show new missile-launch activity at shuttered Punggye-ri nuclear testing site
- Kim Jong Un says North Korea will launch "a lot" of spy satellites to monitor military actions by the US and its allies, following condemnation of its recent missile launches. The leader, who made the announcement while inspecting the country's National Aerospace Development Administration on Thursday, said the...
North Korea Confirms It Tested
Missile That Could Reach Guam
Jan 31, 2022 3:31 AM CST
North Korea Confirms It Tested Missile That Could Reach Guam
The Hwasong-12 missile has a maximum range of 2,800 miles
- North Korea confirmed Monday it test-launched an intermediate-range ballistic missile capable of reaching the US territory of Guam, in what looks to be the North's most significant weapon launch since 2017. The official Korean Central News Agency said the purpose of the test was verifying the overall accuracy of...
Missile Test May Have Broken
a North Korean Moratorium
Jan 30, 2022 5:20 AM CST
Missile Test May Have Broken a North Korean Moratorium
Country self-imposed a moratorium on testing longer-range missiles in 2018
- North Korea on Sunday fired what appeared to be the most powerful missile it has tested since President Biden took office, as it revives its old playbook in brinkmanship to wrest concessions from Washington and neighbors amid a prolonged stalemate in diplomacy. The Japanese and South Korean militaries said the...
North Korea's Missile
Launches Keep Coming
Jan 18, 2022 12:00 AM CST
North Korea's Missile Launches Keep Coming
North Korea confirms 4th missile launch this month
North Korea said Tuesday it had conducted a test-firing of “tactical guided missiles,” a day after South Korea’s military detected the North launching two ballistic missiles into the sea. Monday’s test was North Korea’s fourth round of missile launches this month and the second...
Latest North Korea
Launch Is Apparent Reprisal
Jan 14, 2022 12:50 AM CST
Latest North Korea Launch Is Apparent Reprisal
Pyongyang carries out third weapons launch this month
- North Korea on Friday fired at least one possible ballistic missile in its third weapons launch this month, officials in South Korea and Japan said, in an apparent reprisal for fresh sanctions imposed by the Biden administration for its continuing test launches. South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said...
in a Week
Jan 12, 2022 12:00 AM CST
North Korea Launches 2nd Hypersonic Missile in a Week
Pyongyang says it hit a target 621 miles away in the sea
- For the second time in less than a week, North Korea says it has launched a hypersonic missile. After launching one last Wednesday , Pyongyang said it did so again Tuesday, the BBC reports. This one "precisely hit" a target 621 miles away, the country says. The US, South Korea,...
Yeah, That Was
Jan 6, 2022 12:25 AM CST
North Korea: Yeah, That Was a Hypersonic Missile
Pyongyang says it hit a target 435 miles away
North Korea claimed Thursday that its Wednesday launch was the second successful test flight of a hypersonic missile. The official Korean Central News Agency said the Central Committee of the ruling Workers’ Party expressed “great satisfaction” at the results of the missile test, which was observed by leading...
This Might Be
Since Biden Took Office
Oct 19, 2021 2:48 AM CDT
This Might Be North Korea's Biggest Message Since Biden Took Office
It tests what was likely a submarine-launched ballistic missile
- North Korea on Tuesday fired at least one ballistic missile into the sea in what South Korea’s military described as a weapon likely designed for submarine-based launches, marking possibly the most significant demonstration of the North’s military might since President Biden took office. The launch came hours after...
Sep 29, 2021 1:00 AM CDT
North Korea Launches Hypersonic Missile
Country says first test flight went well
- North Korea said Wednesday it successfully tested a new hypersonic missile it implied was being developed as nuclear capable, as it continues to expand its military capabilities and pressure Washington and Seoul over long-stalled negotiations over its nuclear weapons. The missile test early Tuesday was North Korea's third round...
North Korea Fires More Missiles
Sep 15, 2021 12:01 AM CDT
North Korea Fires More Missiles
Latest provocative move from Pyongyang defies UN resolutions
- North Korea fired two ballistic missiles toward the sea in defiance of UN resolutions, the second weapons test in several days that experts say shows it’s pressing ahead with its arms build-up plans while nuclear diplomacy with the United States remains stalled. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff...
N. Korea Launches
Long-Range Cruise Missiles
Sep 13, 2021 2:22 AM CDT
N. Korea Launches Long-Range Cruise Missiles
Japan 'extremely concerned'
- North Korea says it successfully test fired newly developed long-range cruise missiles over the weekend, its first known testing activity in months, underscoring how it continues to expand its military capabilities amid a stalemate in nuclear negotiations with the United States. The Korean Central News Agency said Monday the cruise...
Kim Jong Un's
Sis Attacks World
Raised by America'
Mar 30, 2021 9:30 AM CDT
Kim Jong Un's Sis Attacks World Leader: 'Parrot Raised by America'
Kim Yo Jong slams S. Korean President President Moon Jae-in after backlash on missile tests
- The sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is again throwing around insults . Kim Yo Jong referred to South Korea's leader as a "parrot raised by America" on Tuesday following critiques of the North's ballistic missile launches . President Moon Jae-in said the "undesirable" actions, in...
North Korea Issues
Mar 26, 2021 1:16 AM CDT
As Biden Issues Warning, North Korea Issues Confirmation
Yes, it tested a new guided missile, country says
- North Korea on Friday confirmed it had tested a new guided missile, as President Biden warned of consequences if Pyongyang escalates tensions amid stalled nuclear negotiations. The North’s official Korean Central News Agency said the two “new-type tactical guided projectiles” accurately hit the target off the eastern coast...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
Friends Say He Was Exhausted, the Band Says Otherwise
Retired Colonel Says What Kremlin Doesn't Want to Hear
Verizon Just Got Pricier
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.