Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
North Korea missile launch
Stories 1 - 20 |
This Might Be
Since Biden Took Office
Oct 19, 2021 2:48 AM CDT
This Might Be North Korea's Biggest Message Since Biden Took Office
It tests what was likely a submarine-launched ballistic missile
- North Korea on Tuesday fired at least one ballistic missile into the sea in what South Korea’s military described as a weapon likely designed for submarine-based launches, marking possibly the most significant demonstration of the North’s military might since President Biden took office. The launch came hours after...
Sep 29, 2021 1:00 AM CDT
North Korea Launches Hypersonic Missile
Country says first test flight went well
- North Korea said Wednesday it successfully tested a new hypersonic missile it implied was being developed as nuclear capable, as it continues to expand its military capabilities and pressure Washington and Seoul over long-stalled negotiations over its nuclear weapons. The missile test early Tuesday was North Korea's third round...
North Korea Fires More Missiles
Sep 15, 2021 12:01 AM CDT
North Korea Fires More Missiles
Latest provocative move from Pyongyang defies UN resolutions
- North Korea fired two ballistic missiles toward the sea in defiance of UN resolutions, the second weapons test in several days that experts say shows it’s pressing ahead with its arms build-up plans while nuclear diplomacy with the United States remains stalled. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff...
N. Korea Launches
Long-Range Cruise Missiles
Sep 13, 2021 2:22 AM CDT
N. Korea Launches Long-Range Cruise Missiles
Japan 'extremely concerned'
- North Korea says it successfully test fired newly developed long-range cruise missiles over the weekend, its first known testing activity in months, underscoring how it continues to expand its military capabilities amid a stalemate in nuclear negotiations with the United States. The Korean Central News Agency said Monday the cruise...
Kim Jong Un's
Sis Attacks World
Raised by America'
Mar 30, 2021 9:30 AM CDT
Kim Jong Un's Sis Attacks World Leader: 'Parrot Raised by America'
Kim Yo Jong slams S. Korean President President Moon Jae-in after backlash on missile tests
- The sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is again throwing around insults . Kim Yo Jong referred to South Korea's leader as a "parrot raised by America" on Tuesday following critiques of the North's ballistic missile launches . President Moon Jae-in said the "undesirable" actions, in...
North Korea Issues
Mar 26, 2021 1:16 AM CDT
As Biden Issues Warning, North Korea Issues Confirmation
Yes, it tested a new guided missile, country says
- North Korea on Friday confirmed it had tested a new guided missile, as President Biden warned of consequences if Pyongyang escalates tensions amid stalled nuclear negotiations. The North’s official Korean Central News Agency said the two “new-type tactical guided projectiles” accurately hit the target off the eastern coast...
North Korea Launches
More Missiles. This
Time, It's a Bigger Deal
Mar 25, 2021 12:09 AM CDT
North Korea Launches More Missiles. This Time, It's a Bigger Deal
Because, unlike last time, they were ballistic
- For the second time in less than a week, North Korea launched missiles, according to South Korea's joint chiefs of staff. The short-range, ground-based ballistic missiles were launched Thursday morning off North Korea's east coast, toward the sea, CNN reports. They reached an altitude of 37 miles and...
North Korea Conducted
Missile Testing This Weekend
Mar 24, 2021 12:05 AM CDT
North Korea Conducted Missile Testing This Weekend
Sunday missile tests were just revealed publicly
- North Korea fired short-range missiles this past weekend, just days after the sister of Kim Jong Un threatened the United States and South Korea for holding joint military exercises. The missile tests were confirmed by two senior Biden administration officials who briefed reporters on condition of anonymity, the AP reports....
May Be Nearly
Ready to Test
Sep 6, 2020 8:38 AM CDT
North Korea May Be Nearly Ready to Test New Missile
Launch from submarine of a new system would violate Trump's mandate
- North Korea is showing signs of preparing for a test launch of a medium-range ballistic missile, a step that would cross lines set by President Trump. Experts at the Center for Strategic and International Studies see indications of planning for a submarine-based launch in satellite images taken Friday, NBC News...
N. Korea Fires Weapons After
Threat of 'Momentous Action'
Mar 9, 2020 12:52 AM CDT
N. Korea Fires Weapons After Threat of 'Momentous Action'
Japan says at least 3 ballistic missiles were fired
- North Korea fired three short-range projectiles off its east coast on Monday, South Korea’s military said, two days after the North threatened to take “momentous” action to protest outside condemnation over its earlier live-fire exercises. Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the three launches were made from...
North Korea Fires
Mar 2, 2020 2:51 AM CST
North Korea Fires Unidentified Projectiles
Coronavirus may have caused lull in testing
- North Korea fired two unidentified projectiles into its eastern sea on Monday, having apparently resumed weapons demonstrations after a months-long hiatus that could have been forced by the coronavirus crisis in Asia. The launches came two days after North Korea’s state media said leader Kim Jong Un supervised an...
Kim Says N. Korea Needs
to Take 'Offensive Measures'
Dec 30, 2019 2:15 AM CST
Kim Says N. Korea Needs to Take 'Offensive Measures'
He may be hinting at a resumption of nuclear testing
- The start of the year 2020—or, in North Korea, the year 109—is approaching and observers fear Kim Jong Un might be planning something big. According to North Korean state media, the dictator told a meeting of the ruling Workers' Party Central Committee on Sunday that North Korea needs...
Just After Midnight, NK 'Gift'
Was Sent. Except It Wasn't
Dec 27, 2019 6:10 AM CST
Just After Midnight, NK 'Gift' Was Sent. Except It Wasn't
Public broadcaster NHK sent out incorrect report that North Korea had launched a missile
- North Korea's " Christmas gift " to the US never came (at least that we know of), but a news alert sent in Japan early Friday temporarily scared people into thinking the gift had been delivered. Reuters reports that a few minutes after midnight, public broadcaster NHK put out...
Could N. Korea's
Be on the Way?
Dec 22, 2019 6:11 AM CST
Could N. Korea's 'Christmas Gift' Be on the Way?
Signs of activity at long-range missile site
- North Korea is undergoing a flurry of activity around the holidays, but predictably not of the merry variety: "There is activity at a number of locations indicating that North Korea is laying the groundwork for an expansion of their ICBM program—more systems, more buildings, more capabilities," Jeffrey...
Lived Up to
Dec 14, 2019 9:00 AM CST
North Korea: 'Rocket Man' Lived Up to His Nickname
Pyongyang says its latest missile test was 'crucial'
- North Korea has done it again, or so it says. Pyongyang announced Saturday it had conducted a "crucial test" at its site for long-range rockets—an apparent chess move with Washington amid their stalled denuclearization talks, NBC News reports. The Korean Central News Agency didn't provide details or...
North Korea Conducts
'Very Important Test'
Dec 8, 2019 5:40 AM CST
North Korea Conducts 'Very Important Test'
Dec. 31 deadline is looming
- North Korea said Sunday that it carried out a “very important test” at its long-range rocket launch site that it reportedly rebuilt after having partially dismantled it at the start of denuclearization talks with the United States last year. The announcement comes amid dimming prospects for a resumption of...
N. Korea Boasts About
'Super-Large' Rocket Launcher
Nov 29, 2019 1:22 AM CST
N. Korea Boasts About 'Super-Large' Rocket Launcher
Weapons system may be deployed soon
- North Korea said Friday the latest test-firing of its "super-large" multiple rocket launcher was a final review of the weapon’s combat application, a suggestion that the country is preparing to deploy the new weapons system soon. South Korea’s military earlier said North Korea fired two projectiles , likely...
As Clock Runs Out on Dec. 31
Deadline, North Makes a Move
Nov 28, 2019 6:43 AM CST
As Clock Runs Out on Dec. 31 Deadline, North Makes a Move
If launch is confirmed to be a missile test, it would be 13th since May
- North Korea hadn't launched a missile since Halloween ; that may have changed on Thanksgiving. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said the North fired two short-range projectiles from the country's east on Thursday. Both landed in the sea and were likely fired from a "super-large" multiple...
US, North Korea Launch
New Talks in Sweden
Oct 5, 2019 3:30 PM CDT
US, North Korea Launch New Talks in Sweden
But they break down, and North Korean official complains
- American and North Korean officials met Saturday in Sweden to resume talks—and walked away only hours later, Reuters reports. "The negotiations have not fulfilled our expectation and finally broke off," said Pyongyang's top negotiator, Kim Myong Gil. "The US raised expectations by offering suggestions like...
Latest Launch Was
a 'Grave Moment'
Oct 3, 2019 3:43 AM CDT
North Korea's Latest Launch Was a 'Grave Moment'
New missile can be launched from submarine
- North Korea has confirmed that its latest missile launch involved a new kind of ballistic missile—and it's one that has other countries very worried. Pyongyang says the missile launched early Wednesday was a Pukguksong-3 submarine-launched ballistic missile, which state news agency KCNA said "ushered in a new...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Great Barrier Reef Just 'Gave Birth'
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.