Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 311,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Supermarket That Sells Only Expired Food Now Open
Copenhagen's WeFood hopes to cut down on staggering food waste
- "Is that milk past its 'sell-by' date? Drink it anyway." So proclaimed the headline of a recent op-ed for the
Los Angles Times
on the topic of whether "expired" food is OK to eat. Most Americans don't seem to think so: A 2013 study co-authored...
Open in Boston: Supermarket Selling Old Food
Non-profit Daily Table sells healthy but aging food at low prices
- A non-profit grocery store opened in Boston yesterday with an interesting premise: Collect food that would otherwise go to waste because it was near its sell-by date and sell it to people at low prices. Daily Table, the brainchild of former Trader Joe’s chief Doug Rauch, opened its doors...
New Store Will Specialize in ... Expired Food
From the former president of Trader Joe's
- Trader Joe's has made a profitable business out of repackaging regular supermarket food in cooler boxes and selling it in funkier surrounds. Now the company's former president wants to do the same thing for ... expired food, reports NPR . A new report has found that 40% of America's...
Popular on Newser
Kennedys Died Trying to 'Retrieve a Ball'
Uh, About Those Coronavirus Checks
Here Is What's Really Behind the Toilet Paper Shortage
Trouble Looms for USPS Amid Virus Outbreak
Germany Hurls Big Accusation at Trump Over N95 Masks
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.