Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
No Sex Assault Charges
in Missouri's 'Daisy' Case
Jan 9, 2014 12:38 PM CST
No Sex Assault Charges in Missouri's 'Daisy' Case
Instead, prosecutor charges teen with misdemeanor child endangerment
- Charges have been filed against a Missouri teenager accused of raping a younger classmate at a party, but they're probably not going to satisfy the supporters of Daisy Coleman . The Jackson County prosecutor charged Matthew Barnett, now 19, with misdemeanor child endangerment but made no mention of the alleged...
This Is My Story
Oct 18, 2013 3:35 PM CDT
Daisy Coleman: This Is My Story
Maryville teen describes alleged rape
- "Daisy's case" has the nation's attention, and today Daisy Coleman tells her story in an essay on xoJane.com . "My whole life since January 8, 2012, has been a long, reckless winter," she writes. That was the night she and her friend Paige, then...
to Be Reopened
Oct 17, 2013 4:24 PM CDT
'Daisy's Case' in Maryville to Be Reopened
County prosecutor calls for special prosecutor
- All the attention worked: The Nodaway County prosecutor has asked for "Daisy's case," which centers around the alleged rapes of two teens in Maryville, Missouri, to be reopened. Robert Rice had initially dropped the charges against the suspects, but now he's asked a judge to appoint...
2nd Victim in
Cops Blamed Us
Oct 17, 2013 7:07 AM CDT
2nd Victim in 'Daisy's Case': Cops Blamed Us
Paige Parkhurst tells her story of victim shaming
- With a review pending in the Maryville, Mo., rape case , of Daisy Coleman , the second victim has come forward with her side of the story. Paige Parkhurst was 13 when she and Daisy, then 14, sneaked out of Daisy's home to meet two boys in 2012. Both girls, she...
for Review of
Oct 16, 2013 7:43 AM CDT
Momentum Builds for Review of 'Daisy's Case'
Lieutenant governor wants grand jury called
- After Melinda Coleman decided to go public with the horrifying story of the rape of her daughter, Daisy, in Maryville, Mo., the state's lieutenant governor and House speaker are calling for the case to get a second look, the
Kansas City Star
reports. The attorney general previously said he...
Over 'Daisy's Case'
Oct 15, 2013 7:15 AM CDT
Anonymous Takes On Missouri Town Over 'Daisy's Case'
'Maryville, expect us,' says hacker group
- Sunday saw the publication of a lengthy
Kansas City Star
investigation into the alleged rape of 14-year-old Daisy Coleman in Maryville, Mo., a case which saw authorities drop charges against a well-connected 17-year-old boy. Now, hackers are taking matters into their own hands,
reports. "If Maryville won’t...
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
Cops: Woman Tries to Buy Baby at Walmart
Elon Musk Has an Offer for McDonald's
Here Are the 10 States People Are Fleeing
Man Fired, Charged After Rant in Smoothie Store
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.