Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Man Gets 17 Years for Killing Unarmed Teen on Porch
Theodore Wafer apologized to Renisha McBride's family
- A judge has sentenced a suburban Detroit man to 17 years in prison for killing an unarmed woman on his porch . Theodore Wafer was sentenced today for the second-degree murder of Renisha McBride. Before sentencing, the 55-year-old Dearborn Heights man told the young woman's parents he was sorry for...
Detroit Homeowner Guilty of Murder in Teen Shooting
Jury convicts Theodore Wafer of 2nd-degree murder in Renisha McBride death
- A homeowner in Detroit who shot to death a 19-year-old woman on his porch in the middle of the night has been convicted of second-degree murder and faces life in prison, reports NBC News . The jury also found 55-year-old Theodore Wafer guilty of manslaughter and a felony weapons charge in...
Man to Stand Trial For Shooting Girl on Front Step
Defense fails to get charges against Theodore Wafer dropped
- A judge today bound Theodore Wafer over for trial on second-degree murder and manslaughter charges for killing an unarmed teenager. The ruling came after a two-day hearing to determine whether there was sufficient evidence to charge Wafer, the
explains. The 54-year-old Michigan man doesn't deny that he...
Man Charged With Killing of Teen Seeking Help
Theodore Wafer accused of 2nd-degree murder in death of Renisha McBride
- The man who shot a 19-year-old in the face after she knocked on his door seeking help after a car accident will be charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced today. Officials are asking Theodore Wafer, 54, to turn himself in, and they expect to...
Detroit Teen Seeking Help Was Shot in Face: Autopsy
Lawyer says McBride confused, bleeding after crash
- The Detroit teenager killed by a homeowner after a late-night car accident was shot in the face, not the back, an autopsy has confirmed. The family of Renisha McBride, 19, says she was seeking help after the crash when she was killed by a man in the suburb of Dearborn...
Homeowner: I Shot Teen Seeking Help Accidentally
He tells cops gun discharged by accident, killing Renisha McBride
- The homeowner who allegedly shot and killed a Detroit teen after her car crashed and she sought help at his house told police it was an accident, the
Detroit Free Press
reports. Renisha McBride's family has said the 19-year-old was shot in the back of the head as she...
Teen Seeks Help After Crash, Homeowner Kills Her
Detroit family asks: Why didn't he call 911?
- Seeking help turned out to be deadly for a black Detroit teen after her car broke down in the suburb of Dearborn Heights. Police say Renisha McBride, 19, was killed by a shotgun blast to the head on a man's front porch at around 2:30am Saturday, reports the...
Popular on Newser
Ken Jennings Blasted for Tweet He Chose Not to Delete
Doctor Has 'Chilling' Warning in Viral COVID Video
SCOTUS Sides With Religious Groups Over COVID Restrictions
'Zombie' COVID-Infected Mink Re-Emerging From Graves
Man's 'Life as a Devil' Stopped by 40-Year Prison Sentence
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.