Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
What It's Like to Wait for a Baby Who Won't Live
Royce Young shares the story of his daughter, Eva Grace
- You may have read about Eva Grace Young, whose parents found out at a routine 19-week ultrasound that she had anencephaly and would not live long, if at all, after birth. They made the courageous choice to carry the pregnancy to term and donate Eva's organs, a decision that...
After Devastating Ultrasound, a Remarkable Decision
Eva will be born so her organs can be donated
- Keri Young was nearly halfway through her pregnancy when she and her husband learned that the girl she was carrying was terminally ill. Suffering from anencephaly, the fetus was developing without parts of her brain, and in almost all cases these babies die within a day or two of birth,...
Fatal Birth Defects a Mystery in Rural Washington
23 cases of anencephaly reported in a 3-year period
- Anencephaly is a "uniformly fatal" birth defect that leaves babies born without part of their brain or skull—and it's been striking three counties in rural Washington state at a rate at least four times the national average. But the cluster—in Yakima, Franklin, and Benton counties—remains...
Popular on Newser
'Sketchy Andy': I Tore Down the Monolith
It Started With a Cough, Ended With Rapper's Arrest at Disney
Hunter Shot What He Thought Was a Deer. He Was Wrong
Trump: Terminate Social Media Shield or I'll Veto Defense Bill
Baby Waiting to Be Born for 28 Years Is Finally Here
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.