Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Snorkeling Seniors Reveal Surprise About Deadly Snakes
'Fantastic grandmothers' document large population in popular New Caledonia bay
- A particular bay in the French territory of New Caledonia is a popular swimming spot for locals and tourists alike. However, the swimmers at the Baie des Citrons in Noumea may not be thrilled to learn they've been sharing the water with a surprisingly large number of venomous sea...
Man's Unusual Death in Australia: by Sea Snake
The 23-year-old Brit was working on a fishing trawler
- A freak accident that claimed the life of a British man in Australia may be the first of its kind on record. The 23-year-old working on a fishing trawler off the Northern Territory was lifting a net onto the boat when he was bitten by a sea snake on Thursday....
2 'Extinct' Snakes Found Swimming Happily
And they might be mating
- Scientists feared the last of Australia's short-nosed sea snakes died about 15 years ago, which makes this new sighting doubly auspicious: A wildlife official snapped a photo of not one but two of the snakes swimming off the western coast—and they were making googly eyes at each other....
Thanks, El Niño: Venomous Sea Snake Spotted in California
Warmer waters blamed for snake's first appearance in California in 35 years
- Nature giveth, and nature taketh away. In addition to bringing much needed rain to Southern California this winter, El Niño is apparently also a harbinger of something much less desirable: venomous sea snakes. A yellow-bellied sea snake was seen on a beach near Malibu twice this week, Quartz reports....
How a Sea Snake That Can't Drink Seawater Survives
Study finds they can just go months without drinking anything
- Just one species of sea snake lives in the open ocean, even giving birth there—yet it can't drink seawater. Scientists have been puzzled at just how the yellow-bellied sea snake survives,
explains. Now, they've learned that it simply doesn't have to drink for months...
Popular on Newser
An Elderly Man Died of COVID. His Obit Pulls No Punches
Prosecutors Raise Concerns About Rittenhouse Fundraising
Mistake Leads to Mauling at Carole Baskin's Rescue
Belgium: Designate 1 Bathroom User This Christmas
Biden: It's 'Important' for Trump to Attend Inauguration
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.