Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Detroit water shutoff
Water to Come Back On During Outbreak
Detroit plans to restore service for $25 per month to households that lost it
- It's difficult for people to wash their hands often, as everyone is being advised to do, if their home's water has been turned off. So in the spirit of limiting the spread of the new coronavirus, Detroit is moving to turn the water back on for the more...
Detroit Residents Face New Water Shutoffs
Concerns continue as residents struggle to pay bills
- Water shutoffs that sparked protests in Detroit have started again following a month's respite, the AP reports. Some 420 city customers were due to lose their water supply yesterday in a city where almost 45% of 173,000 residential water accounts are past due. Following appeals to the UN,...
Detroit Protesters Try to Block Water Shutoff Trucks
At least 8 people, ages 58 to 70, arrested
- At least eight people were arrested yesterday in Detroit for protesting water shutoffs in a city where almost 40% of residents live below the poverty line . Dozens picketed in front of a facility affiliated with the city's Water and Sewerage Department to try to stop what activists call a...
Popular on Newser
6th Grader in Zoom Class Takes His Own Life
Trump Posts 'Most Important Speech I've Ever Made'
Bill Barr May Be Out Sooner Than the Inauguration
Yet Another Elected Official Flouts His Own Guidelines
Man's Purchase of PS5 Gets 'Really Sad, Really Fast'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.